Any acorns in East TX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any acorns in East TX?

Has anyone seen any acorns in east Texas. I have been seeing none but what’s really confusing me is I haven’t seen any for the past couple of years. I think this will be 3 years since we’ve had any acorns to speak of. Aren’t they suppose to rotating year to some degree?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Cajun shooter View Post
    Has anyone seen any acorns in east Texas. I have been seeing none but what’s really confusing me is I haven’t seen any for the past couple of years. I think this will be 3 years since we’ve had any acorns to speak of. Aren’t they suppose to rotating year to some degree?

Seeing a bunch at our place in Madisonville.

Comment

Same, no white oak acorns in 3 years. It's really tickin me off. No, they don't rotate. Typically the years that they don't make something happens to them in the spring when they are flowered up like a late frost. Thing is, the last two springs the flowers were plentiful and we didn't have a frost so I attribute it to the two hurricanes and the hard freeze put too much stress on them. The live oaks and water oaks are making plenty but the white oaks have been turned off for 3 years
      Last edited by Duckologist; 09-16-2021, 12:39 PM.

Comment

No acorns is not all bad, it means there is not impending drought, the trees seem to know somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Same, no white oak acorns in 3 years. It's really tickin me off. No, they don't rotate. Typically the years that they don't make something happens to them in the spring when they are flowered up like a late frost. Thing is, the last two springs the flowers were plentiful and we didn't have a frost so I attribute it to the two hurricanes and the hard freeze put too much stress on them. The live oaks and water oaks are making plenty but the white oaks have been turned off for 3 years

Well there could be something to this. My red oaks aren’t producing either.

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
            No acorns is not all bad, it means there is not impending drought, the trees seem to know somehow.

Well there sure hasn’t been a drought for the last couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by npe001 View Post
              Seeing a bunch at our place in Madisonville.

I’m right up in Leon county. I do t see why there would be such a difference.

Comment

I’m right up in Leon county. I do t see why there would be such a difference.
                I haven't made a point to look for acorns but I'm also in Leon County. My Krivoman was getting pelted by acorns pretty good the past two seasons.

Comment

I've seen pretty much none on my place in Liberty County... Not sure about the south end of the county, but out on the Prairie, I don't have squat for acorns... Deer, hogs n squirrels are hitting the corn hard right now...

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                    For 3 years? We've been wet as all get out as well

Comment

A few falling in S. Houston. Not full size yet..................

Comment

Very few around llano this year. Going to be a lot of deer hitting the feeders I believe

Comment

Not a single acorn at my place in Groveton from what I have seen. I have an oak in Huntsville that is absolutely LOADED with more acorns than i have ever seen. Very weird how it works that way only 45 minutes drive apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a few trees with acorns on em

Comment

Longview area has some. Saw a parking lot full of them

Comment

Working...
                              X