No announcement yet.

Camper stolen!! TBH??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

try going around Lake Tawakoni... Duck Cove, East as well as West Tawakoni area, I hear they called the Meth Capital of Texas
    perhaps something to being around the lake you find more undesirables

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      A storage facility does not have an insurable interest in the property of others. Their insurance does not cover it.
      If a facility is a member of the Texas Self Storage Association and uses the TSSA lease, the renter will have specifically acknowledged that the facility is NOT responsible for theft and that the tenant has insurance or is self-insured.
      Representing security that is not provided can definitely provide problems. But the TSSA lease provides that the facility is not responsible if/when security features are temporarily down.
      From a practical standpoint, a facility simply CANNOT prevent all theft/vandalism, etc. (at least not for a price tenants are willing to pay). At our facility, we provide fencing, gated access, cameras, lighting, etc. And we have a major interstate with 120K+ cars going by every day. Yet, we still have occasional issues with bad guys (climb the fence, cut the chain for the gate, break through the fence, etc.). Just because that occasionally happens is certainly no indication of an 'inside job', unless by 'inside' you are referring to other tenants (which is certainly the case at times).
      And cameras are, in practicality, only deterrents. Except for our high-dollar license plate camera, even good, clear pictures are of little use. Getting LEO very interested in crime at a storage facility (where people store their 'extra' stuff) is difficult and unless the particular officer recognizes the perp, the pictures obtained are just pretty pictures.
      If you have lost something that was stored at a facility, I understand your frustration. But I can guarantee you that the facility owner/manager is extremely frustrated with any crime that takes place, as well. It is a very 'helpless' what-can-I-do-now situation. And dealing with the aftermath and upset tenants is a day/week/month ruiner.
      I'm sure you see it that way but there is a difference between insurable interest and liability. Advertise 24 hour security and surveillance then a high dollar item gets lost but no surveillance. That's where owner liability kicks in if an insurance company felt it worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
        Just a question

When everyone puts their trailers in a storage unit space, do you all put locks on the trailer hitches? Or do you place a lock that goes up in the ball socket space? Because wouldn’t those have to be cut off with a saws all or a grinder?
        While I lock my trailers, the yellow locks that fit in the ball socket are useless. I couldn't find my key last month so I used a hammer to slip the lock off.

Comment

I need to check to see if my Mother-inlaws is still at storage. Hopefully someone has stolen it. Its 9 years old and only used one weekend. She put it in storage and hasn't seen it since. I'd love to use it, but if I did, it would it would become my fault and responsibility. So for that reason it sits.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
            Lol yep it’s ok about the camper but the ruined weekend and all of our personal stuff really sucks it was loaded with gear so we never had to pack
            I hear ya. Ours is packed full in storage now too. I couldn't even tell you everything in there, so making the insurance claim would suck because I know I would forget stuff. Good luck

Comment

Well they found it…. Recovered in San Antonio in the process of being gutted. Can’t imagine the parts could be more than a few thousand dollars on the black market. Cops said they left the handwritten vin on the frame lol but all other info and brands etc were stripped. What a shame.

Comment

Hopefully, someone got arrested.

Did your insurance company take care of you?

Comment

Bastages!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I truly hate thieves

Comment

I am around RVs a bit, there are a lot of the Sprinters around. Is there anything identifiable on the trailer which is inconspicuous they wouldn't have changed which could be used to identify it?

Comment

Man, those gutted pics are a shame, d*** thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunt7 View Post
                          I am around RVs a bit, there are a lot of the Sprinters around. Is there anything identifiable on the trailer which is inconspicuous they wouldn't have changed which could be used to identify it?
                          Like what? Maybe a handwritten vin #?

Comment

Sorry for your bad luck, hate thieves and hope they catch them.
                            But if yall know of any thieves that will haul off a camper and strip it I have one they can come get. Am trying to give one away and cant find any scrap yard to come get it.

Comment

Originally posted by rjet View Post
                              Sorry for your bad luck, hate thieves and hope they catch them.
                              But if yall know of any thieves that will haul off a camper and strip it I have one they can come get. Am trying to give one away and cant find any scrap yard to come get it.
                              Spray paint sprinter deluxe on it and park near canyon lake.

Comment

Of all the things to steal to gut for parts, about the last thing I'd think of is an RV. Nothing but a bunch of ChiComm plastic in mine and most I've been in. OP sorry you're having to deal with this and I'll be thinking about ours as it sits in storage.

Comment

Working...
                                X