No announcement yet.

Scag owners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve had a TC 48” with the Kawasaki for going on 8 years with zero issues other than regular maintenance. I am tough on equipment and it just keeps cutting, I cut 4+ acres with 2+ being pasture, wish I would have bought one sooner!

Comment

I would go Turf Tiger for the reasons you mentioned and it’s Scag’s top of the line mower.
      I would also go Vanguard over Kawasaki in the big block sized engines.

Comment

In the end I decided on Cheetah II 61”

Both Cheetah II and Turf Tiger were same deck with same HP so cut speed will be same except for the most extreme conditions where the TT will see a slight edge.

Cheetah has best ride, 2nd gear is of no use for me so that’s not listed as a positive for me.

Turf Tiger has drive shaft to deck which results in more torque to deck and has better (bigger) deck access but that’s the only way it was better and that just wasn’t worth the $1700 extra cost over the Cheetah II

Comment

My Turf Tiger has a tank on each side, maybe they changed them?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
            In the end I decided on Cheetah II 61”

Both Cheetah II and Turf Tiger were same deck with same HP so cut speed will be same except for the most extreme conditions where the TT will see a slight edge.

Cheetah has best ride, 2nd gear is of no use for me so that’s not listed as a positive for me.

Turf Tiger has drive shaft to deck which results in more torque to deck and has better (bigger) deck access but that’s the only way it was better and that just wasn’t worth the $1700 extra cost over the Cheetah II
            I would probably pick ride over the driveshaft as well even if it was same price. I think that full operator suspension is dang nice!

Comment

Working...
            X