No announcement yet.

3/4 ton truck gas or diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you drive around town daily by a gas engine. If primarily to tow long distance by a diesel. The new diesel trucks aren’t for driving around in city traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
      I want to know where you guys are getting your oil changed. my 2019 f350 cost $460 every 2 weeks. about 2k miles and 120 hrs per week
      Have you tried Stampede for your oil changes? They have locations in Andrews and Crane.

Comment

I got real close recently to getting rid of my 2015 2500 Cummins. I got sticker shock when the turbo actuator went out which is a very common issue. $3000 later and it’s back on the road.

If you can’t change your own oil I would struggle with the maintenance on a diesel unless you absolutely need it.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          Diesel is nice , about .30ct per gallon more expensive, oil , fuel filter, maintenance 1/3 more expensive.
          Diesel is great if you pull 14k + on a regular basis

Newer models gas are good cheaper to buy and maintain
          Always in debate D vs G each has its own +/-
          Majority of people i see running diesels are city slicks who don't pull.

Comment

If you need a diesel for regular work, then get a diesel. If not, then get a gasser. Seriously, think about how many times you will actually pull a heavy trailer. If its less than 15 days a year, then there is no reason to put up with modern diesels.

Comment

Id have a hard time not going with 7.3 gas ford at this time.

But my 2009 duramax is still getting it done. Im gonna run it til its complete trash, its still really good at this point though.

Comment

I went with the 7.3 gas on my 2022. Just couldn't find a need for a diesel. I have a small travel trailer that I've yanked around with my prior 1/2 ton no problem and could have continue to do so. However, it is more comfortable to tow with the 3/4 ton. Additionally, now I can move the tractor around with the gooseneck which is a big advantage. I'm suspecting we will upgrade the travel trailer in a few years so having a 3/4 ton will open up more possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  Id have a hard time not going with 7.3 gas ford at this time.

But my 2009 duramax is still getting it done. Im gonna run it til its complete trash, its still really good at this point though.
                  Yep drive em till you got to leave in a ditch
                  A diesel truck cost about $80k new and if I can’t afford a $8000-$12000 repair if a fuel pump granades ?

Comment

had a half ton my whole life. Jumped to a 3/4 Diesel and fell in love with it
                    Pulls so much better. Rides better.
                    for gas vs diesel.

I could not find the truck I wanted in gas. Funny how that happens

Comment

Diesel wins or ties on most everything but repair cost. If you plan to own out of warranty, past 100K miles, I might think about gas. A diesel will break you on repairs.

Comment

Lots of good opinions here. I will be pulling heavy trailers a couple times a month with 10k- 20k loads on a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                          Lots of good opinions here. I will be pulling heavy trailers a couple times a month with 10k- 20k loads on a trailer.

If you’re going to be pulling 20k, I wouldn’t even consider a gasser.

Like others have said, maintenance isn’t bad at all on a diesel if you do your own oil and fuel filters. Repairs are the only thing that will get you. People make it out like they are a lot more common than they actually are though. 6.7s are a super reliable engine especially if you lose the emissions bs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                            If you’re going to be pulling 20k, I wouldn’t even consider a gasser.

Like others have said, maintenance isn’t bad at all on a diesel if you do your own oil and fuel filters. Repairs are the only thing that will get you. People make it out like they are a lot more common than they actually are though. 6.7s are a super reliable engine especially if you lose the emissions bs.
                            Mine will be falling off Thursday...

Comment

20k I would really want dual rear wheels.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Power stroke dually

Comment

Working...
                                X