No announcement yet.

Will he make 13"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt but he needs to be removed from the gene pool before all you have are pets

Micheal

Comment

Originally posted by jstamps50 View Post
      The letter of the law and intent behind the 13 inch rule is to prevent as many immature deer fatalities as possible. I've seen it personally and have first hand knowledge, if the deer is obviously mature and you can provide proof, the State will allow it. It's obviously a mature deer that may never be 13".. that doesn't mean you can't kill a 5 year old 10-12 point just because he is at 11". I would honestly take that picture to your local GW and explain it, ask him what he thinks. Proof of maturity is the point behind the regulation.

The game warden can not give you permission to break the law.

Comment

I've seen it many times. I wouldn't call it permission, more of an exception. And all law enforcement officers have discretion. Been one for over a decade now. Very respectfully of course, don't want anyone thinking I'm being snippy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jstamps50 View Post
          I've seen it many times. I wouldn't call it permission, more of an exception. And all law enforcement officers have discretion. Been one for over a decade now. Very respectfully of course, don't want anyone thinking I'm being snippy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I visited with one about tracking a wounded deer with a dog on a lead in a county where it was not legal. He told me it was a silly law and that he hated to think the kid would not be able to recover his deer. He said that he would not write me a ticket for going find the deer BUT that he could not give anyone permission to break the law. Suppose the OP got the ok from one game warden but then had another warden in a different county stop him on the way home with the deer in the truck? Nothing would keep the second warden from writing a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            I visited with one about tracking a wounded deer with a dog on a lead in a county where it was not legal. He told me it was a silly law and that he hated to think the kid would not be able to recover his deer. He said that he would not write me a ticket for going find the deer BUT that he could not give anyone permission to break the law. Suppose the OP got the ok from one game warden but then had another warden in a different county stop him on the way home with the deer in the truck? Nothing would keep the second warden from writing a ticket.
            Oh absolutely, you'd just have to pray you didn't run into the new guy that is trying to save the world.. lol

Comment

They can look the other way, but they cannot give you permission.

Comment

I agree with tbgascorer. Maybe he will pass on the 10 point genetics

Comment

under 13 but an awesome buck!

Comment

Nawp..... but a cool deer none the less. Can you say BOOTLEG !!!!!!

Comment

I don't know that he meets the letter of the law per se, but given the fact that he appears quite mature I'd say he certainly meets the intention of it.

If not for AR's he probably would've been shot as a 1.5 year-old spike anyway though.

Comment

I believe they call that a "loop hole" deer. He'll never be a 13" deer.

Comment

I won't be shooting this buck this season. Too late for MLD and in an antler restriction county. Unfortunately he is the most mature deer on the place.

Comment

going to have to go with no on this one.

Comment

Unfortunately no.

Comment

Talk to your GW, process it in same county and you might be alright. But wouldn't get too worked up over it, it's a cool buck either way. Landowner on my lease has shot mature deer that were just inside 13", called GW and there weren't any issues. obviously YMMV

Comment

Working...
                                X