No announcement yet.

Hypothetical West Texas Lease Feedback Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And people wonder why the neighbors put up a high fence.
    I thought the same thing

Comment

Is the 110 acres in a subdivision?

Also, Rocksprings ain’t West Texas.

Comment

I think everything that needs to be said has been, except, I feel for the neighbors……

Comment

I was at 4K for total.

Comment

Pure lunacy!

Comment

The WT would be safe. :-). Can’t see 4+ deer meeting your criteria coming off the place. I could be wrong, but likely not. I thought, as others, that you were seeking 4-5k for the group plus feed split. If you truly have “trophy” quality WT and axis, as some stated, sell individual hunts.

Comment

What does “professionally ran” mean?

Comment

This is why I would never buy hunting property in a subdivision.
                  That’s a lot of hunting pressure.

Comment

Years ago I hunted a 100 acre piece of land with three of my best buds. The place shared borders with large tracts. We had exclusive hunting rights, had a cabin, used it year round, dove and turkey were included. We made it work but it was tight quarters. That little place had high deer densities and we never killed more than 3 bucks a year. Just cause we were picky. Everyone got doe every year.

We essentially paid the bills for the place. $800 a year per person was about the most we’d spend.

The biggest buck we saw was around 135”.

$5000/person, with no cabin, a 5th hunter who brings their kids, and maybe an extra hunt or two sold to a non-lease member, for a seasonal lease is way over the top.

Not trying to be condescending or anything, just telling you the truth about how I would consider your proposal.

Hope that helps you.

Comment

Oh, and it was bow only

Comment

That’s insane. Do 1 hunter that’s willing to pay 4-5k.

If they have a shot at a WT and a axis every year there are plenty on here that would pay that. Less traffic, safer and better for the animals year over year.

I would imagine if you ran 3-4 people on that place you would see a high fence on one or more sides within just 2-3 years from your neighbors.
                        Last edited by 150class; 09-04-2021, 12:06 PM.

Comment

OK, I'm going to come out and say it, please don't. Depending on what part of the county it's in, 110 ac is most likely in a subdivision and already overhunted. A big problem we have been having west of town on 377 and 674 is the number of 20 acre lots being sold for hunting. so you get 2-3 guys on 20 acres and tagging out every year. the more people hunting out here the more I am in favor of AR and doe limits.

Comment

A comment on the Craigslist - just because someone lists something high on there doesn’t mean someone is paying the price.

Comment

I’m sure 3-4 desperate hunters will take it

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                                A comment on the Craigslist - just because someone lists something high on there doesn’t mean someone is paying the price.
                                That was my comment and I agree completely. It was a tongue in cheek comment. But I have seen ridiculous leases posted there. One I remember was 35 acres, bow only, 4 hunters max. $2500 ea.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X