Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
    https://www.theatlantic.com/science/...l-hogs/618902/

Says illegal to poison. Too much collateral damage. Illegal in all 50 states. Better have a talk with your neighbor, they might kill someone.
    This .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
      And due to the Texas Hog Hunters Association and the negative press they created with it, the company pulled their product. You cannot get it.
      They are going through more studies to get it approved. Our TP&W biologist says she expects it to be approved soon.

Comment

Are you talking about the sterilization stuff that Sid Miller and feed and the feeder sellers are pushing?

I have my doubts on non target animals and the feeder. My understanding is they have to continually feed to remain sterile, so neighbors need to be on-board too.

https://www.texasagriculture.gov/New...HT-AGAINS.aspx

https://hogstop.com/ - Special Feeder

Comment

Well you just ratted out your neibor. Guys in the green pants will be paying him a visit.

Comment

I don't mind seeing and killing them on someone else's place but **** sure hate having them on mine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
              I don't mind seeing and killing them on someone else's place but **** sure hate having them on mine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
              This. On a recreational property, of course, the are fun to have and shoot but on anything agriculture related, I would bomb them on any of our places if I could.

Comment

Also, if your neighbors have not been introduced to the thermal game, I would talk to them about it. Thermal has been a game changer for our hog problems.

Comment

I hate all hogs and used to enjoy the hunt but that was 1000s of hogs ago ...... Too destructive at my place

Comment

Would be extremely happy to never see another wild hog

Comment

The problem with almost any poison is limiting it to only the target species. Hogs are probably here to stay, just like nutria and fire ants. Can add iguanas and pythons in Florida.

Comment

This guy beat the buzzards to the hog I killed.

Comment

Originally posted by tbar View Post
                          this guy beat the buzzards to the hog i killed.

'merica !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bugleboy View Post
                            Yes, sir! I enjoy getting the extra shooting opportunities. With that being said, we have more than I'd like. I think I wish, be careful what you wish for, it was just a bonus opportunity of maybe a couple times a year. Right now, we have far more than that. Once; about 30 years ago, something happened, and we didn't see a pig for 5 years. When that occurred, I kind of missed them and was excited when we finally saw one again. Now, they are thicker than ever.
                            I agree, better watch what you wish for.
                            They tear up our pastures something terrible and we very seldom see them during daylight hours. So not much for hunting unless at night.
                            I wish something could be done about them.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              I'm extremely concerned with any kind of poison for any animal that people consume for food, and there's no telling where these poisoned hogs run off to and if they end up on somebody's dinner plate or not. Best way to get rid of hogs, quit feeding them so much **** corn.
                              Great way to put it THX

Comment

Working...
                              X