Kenedy/Three Rivers Lease Rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kenedy/Three Rivers Lease Rate

I'm hoping the TBH brain trust can help me out here.

I have an opportunity to lease some land between Kenedy and Three Rivers. All I know is that the land supposedly hasn't been hunted in a long time. That is seriously all I know at this point. I do not yet have any idea about blinds, feeders, roads, senderos, camp, utilities, or any the other questions jumping to our collective minds. The landowners (and a "broker" they're working with) want me to come tour the property and I'm trying to assess if it is worth the trip (from Houston).

I'm hoping people with direct knowledge can weigh in on 2 specific questions:

1) What is your general opinion of hunting in that area?
    2) What is the "going rate" cost per acre?

I realize question number 2 is hard to answer and a potential hot button. If you hunt near there please let me know what you're paying (and what that includes), or if you have a general idea of a prevailing rate please let me know that too. Statements along the lines of "I hunt down the road from there and pay $x for this setup" or "around there the prices I hear about are usually between $x and $y" would be very helpful.

I just lost my lease in east Texas (landowner sold) and I'm looking for a new home. If this happens to work out I may have a couple spots to fill. Feel free to reply or PM. Any info I get through PM will be strictly confidential.

It may not help you, but we hunted there many years ago, between Oakville and TR. Good deer. If we had been able to do a little management, we would have had some real good ones. But we had to eat. Lol. Don't know about the price rates, but its a good brush area. Good luck.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

First question is how big is the place.

Comment

I hunted the area towards Kennedy years ago.

Lots of small acreage plots with lots of hunters back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            First question is how big is the place.
            One contiguous parcel of about 670 acres plus another 320 down the road (i think)

Comment

One square mile is not a lot if your neighbors are all hunting. Might be a nice lease but do not expect "trophies". But who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                One square mile is not a lot if your neighbors are all hunting. Might be a nice lease but do not expect "trophies". But who knows.
                My thoughts exactly. No recent history on the place makes me pretty nervous. I'm going to continue to gather what info I can and see what happens. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take right!?

Comment

Sounds very similar to a place some friends of mine hunt over that way. They pay something like $1200/gun for 4 guns. Deer, Turkey, hogs, and lots of dove.

Comment

I've hunted in the area and enjoyed it. The place I hunted was small, way smaller than this place, but it has good deer and plenty of them.

Heck, I'd be interested in hunting down there some more. Hit me up if you need an extra lease member or two.

Comment

If you find yourself in Three Rivers remember, don't speed!

Comment

Hard to find places down there, I'd roll the dice for a year. I'd expect to pay $3,000 to $5,000 a gun. If you pass, send contact Info please .

Comment

Deer depends on the bush in that area. Between 3 rivers and Tilden you have mesquites and black brush and good hunting ( choke canyon area ). If you have just mesquites and oaks and no black brush you probably won't have the same quality deer. Who really knows definately worth a look for sure in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                            Sounds very similar to a place some friends of mine hunt over that way. They pay something like $1200/gun for 4 guns. Deer, Turkey, hogs, and lots of dove.
                            Do you know how many acres they have? $4800 total?

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                              Hard to find places down there, I'd roll the dice for a year. I'd expect to pay $3,000 to $5,000 a gun. If you pass, send contact Info please .
                              Thank you for the reply. I'm definitely tracking the $3000-$5000 per gun. I can't help ask the obvious question though...how many guns? I'm trying to get a reasonable approximation of $/acre.

Comment

Working...
                              X