This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
    Guess I’ll be making my first trip to Vegas in a few years. So much for the alliance, lol.
    If you see me I ain’t there

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      If you see me I ain’t there
      What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas . . Takin the rv? . .

Comment

Vegas ain't what it used to be........

Comment

LSU prediction

Great season 10-2
          Expected 9-3
          Less than 7 coach Os replacement will be hearing from woody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
            I'm still looking for some preseason predictions. Here are a few of my thoughts:

I don't think there's a 2020 Bama or 2019 LSU level dominant team this season. I think UGA and OU are top tier teams, primarily due to QB experience and an improved defense (in OU's case). OSU, OU and Clemson will have relatively easy paths to their respective conference championships, and will have a significant talent advantage in pretty much every (conference) game (with exception of, possibly, tu for OU).

Bama is Bama, but replacing 10 NFL players (including 3-4 Heisman caliber players) HAS to have (at least a short term) impact - even on that program. See 2020 LSU for a recent example. They will still have an overall talent advantage over pretty much everybody, but IMO they have as many question marks as A&M and even LSU in the West. A missed read by any of the young QB's, an incorrect route by a receiver, a blow coverage by the secondary, an untimely fumble by a RB, etc. could change the outcome of a pivotal game.

Conference Championships
            Bix XII - Oklahoma over ISU
            Pac12 - Oregon over Utah
            ACC - Clemson over UNC
            B1G - Ohio State rolls everybody
            SEC - UGA over TAMU

My Ags have as much coaching stability and continuity as anybody it the league, with the HC, OC and DC having been together going into their 4th season. I think there's value there, so I'm going to pick the Ags to beat Bama. (I could see the Ags possibly losing another game (@LSU?) but holding the head-to-head tiebreaker over Bama.) Unfortunately, I also have them losing a heartbreaker in Atlanta.

I think King will prove to be a bigger weapon than Mond was. I think Mond had his best year of a solid career, but I don't know many Ags that hoped Mond would return for his Super Senior season. I believe King has a much higher upside.

Playoff
            Oklahoma over Clemson
            UGA over Ohio State

UGA wins Natty
            It's as likely to happen as any I suppose. It would be a record breaking ordeal, but records are meant to be broken!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              First trip to Vegas?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Yep, I’m not much of a gambler but I’ve been tempted to go for a few years mainly bc the wife wants to go. Lsu vs usc seem like the best reason to finally go.

Comment

Guess I’ll be making my first trip to Vegas in a few years. So much for the alliance, lol.

I know right. I was afraid Sankey over played his hand and then the alliance came out talking about a handshake agreement, gender neutrality and some other crap. Two days later we have this [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                  So let me see if I understand this right. I made a post about a potential recruit and the hopes of us landing him. Then a "known" Texas fan makes a coment about my school not being a good program. I defend my school then get bombarded by the same three "known" Texas fans, that always lambast any aggie that posts on this thread. Then these same "known" longhorn fans do what they always do and gang up like a bunch of high school girls and proceed to attack me and call me a multitude of names and I'm the A-hole? The moderator of the site warned "known" longhorn fans to stop calling names or they would get banned before season even started.....

You’re still not getting it. Heath didn’t say anything bad about A&M(in that comment at least). And his comment is 100% accurate. If Tennessee is in the conversation(and the front runner) Walter Nolen’s decision is not based on who has the best program. If it was, Tennessee wouldn’t be a thought.

I’m pretty sure you’re smart enough to recognize that. You’re just dug in so far now that you can’t just stop and say “Whoops. I mistook what he was saying.” Instead you’ve gotta declare war on everyone that isn’t in maroon and white. You think you’ve gotta always puff out your chest defend A&M, even when nothing bad has been said about us. You might have one of the worst cases I’ve seen of BAS.

You turn these threads into something resembling that cess pool known as the PACE forum. Cajun Blake is spot on with his evaluation and you’d be wise to think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    LSU prediction

Great season 10-2
                    Expected 9-3
                    Less than 7 coach Os replacement will be hearing from woody

Less than 7 wins woody fires O takes Jimbo and Aggie heads explode lol.

Comment

UGA opens the season as a 3 point dog to Clemson.

I struggle to buy into UGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Less than 7 wins woody fires O takes Jimbo and Aggie heads explode lol.
                        this would be classic

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          UGA opens the season as a 3 point dog to Clemson.

I struggle to buy into UGA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do too. JT Daniels is good but he wasn’t overly impressive when he did get to play last year. They’re dealing with quite a few injuries to critical players at the moment as well.

Comment

Yep, I’m not much of a gambler but I’ve been tempted to go for a few years mainly bc the wife wants to go. Lsu vs usc seem like the best reason to finally go.
                            Vegas isn't all about gambling. So much more to do. If my main goal was gambling I'd go to Louisiana or Tunica.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              Vegas isn't all about gambling. So much more to do. If my main goal was gambling I'd go to Louisiana or Tunica.

Meh, people watch is about it other than gambling. Or hookers if you are into that sorta thing......

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                                In all seriousness - I'm beginning to think you have a personality disorder that is triggered by CFB threads. Based on your limited post history in what is approaching 1 year, the majority of your posts (not CFB related) are sane, civil, helpful, amicable, and full of solid information. You seem like a down-to-earth, mid 30-year old asking for prayers for loved ones, seeking guidance on family matters, and being a great father teaching your kids about the outdoors. I can see myself hanging out with you at the campfire trading hunting stories.

Then, after reading a CFB thread, you start posting arrogant replies like an arse. You become confrontational when not agreeing with other people's opinions. If a poster is a known Texas Longhorn fan, you often times go out of your way to make snide remarks and belittle them solely based on their perception. It's as if you put the maroon colored glasses on, and your persona becomes ... "I'm an Aggie, Texas sucks, and if you don't agree with me, you suck too" .... CFB threads make you do a complete 180 of your personality, like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde.

Now, before you go all postal on me (which I'm 100% expecting because you will justify and rationalize your CFB replies), take 5 minutes, re-read my post and take it to heart. See if that's how you truly want to be portrayed by your peers on this forum. Life is way to short to be a Richard, especially when it comes to something we have absolutely no control over .... 18-20 yr old kids playing sports.

If you would rather PM me, I'm cool with that. I shared your same "pizz&vinegar" personality when I was much younger. As you get older, you will realize there are far more important things in life than arguing on the internet.

Great post. The same can be said for several others on this board. To include many known Texas fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X