Post oak and white oak are LOADED here!!! Reds are average to maybe low

Comment

Live oaks I have seen were loaded !

Comment

Not much size here in Harper…

tending the fire,
        Bob G.

Comment

I have a bunch of small ones here in San Antonio.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Hoping for a big crop.
            Me too corn is too expensive

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Latest update for all you Acorn hunters..........at least McLennan and Bosque County folks. I have found most all over cups/White Oaks are holding good numbers. The ones I have located close to a water source are loaded and looking heavy.

Our main acorn tree here is the Live Oak, almost all Live Oaks that I have scouted show a very slim crop. Same with Red Oaks, Shin Oaks. Not saying that Live Oaks and others do not have acorns hanging, but you have to search to find them hanging.

I am going to scout another small out cropping of public grounds after work today that I have noticed some big White Oaks on. If they are loaded also, I might just have to give this area a try early season.

One thing worth mentioning, with all the rain last week around our area allot of cheat has broke through and if you let your last seasons oats or wheat go to seed they most likely have sprouted and coming up. This has changed a few deers patterns around my grounds.

Best of Luck to all.

Rwc

Comment

I have a water oak in my front yard that’s always covered in acorns. That was really the tree I was eyeballing when I started this thread. Yesterday I was out with the dogs and saw that there are quite a few acorns on it, not as many as last year, but enough. I haven’t really looked in the woods so I don’t know what the oaks are doing there. I lost many of my big mature white oaks in the 2011 drought and even some of my red oaks. The freeze did lots of damage here, I had two medium sized red oaks taken down last week and have another that’s iffy. The freeze is what concerned me about the acorn crop.

Comment

I was at our lease outside Eldorado (Schleicher county) this past weekend. My son was looking at some live oak trees and pointed out the acorns growing on them. I began looking at oak trees throughout the ranch. EVERY live oak tree I looked at was LOADED with small acorns. Going to be interesting when they start hitting the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortybang View Post
                    I was at our lease outside Eldorado (Schleicher county) this past weekend. My son was looking at some live oak trees and pointed out the acorns growing on them. I began looking at oak trees throughout the ranch. EVERY live oak tree I looked at was LOADED with small acorns. Going to be interesting when they start hitting the ground.
                    Last 3 seasons the Live Oaks on the grounds we lease north of Eldorado and south of Christoval dropped record amounts. Mid October hunting was tricky to say the least. I will pay attention to them next trip out.

Rwc

Comment

I have three huge oaks in my back yard. I found one acorn Sunday while mowing.

Comment

I looked hard for white oak acorns in Polk County last week. I found one small acorn on a limb.

Comment

come to think of it, haven't seen any on ours either but I haven't looked closely.
                          Usually I see them hanging in bunches while mowing around them.

Comment

all the oaks at my house are L O A D E D...... so are the trees at my Oklahoma lease

Comment

Huntsville, i have ONE tree that is unbelievably full. But at lease in Groveton, i have yet to see a single acorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Guess I need to check the oaks. Hoping no acorns. Acorns make hunting harder.

Comment

Working...
                                X