No announcement yet.

This is why ranching sucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep......last wheat harvest my buddy in NW Oklahoma was giddy, had zero break downs. My pastures been needing rain and now the creek is out of it's banks and headed to Ray Roberts. Hope you keep the army worms east....
    Last edited by friscopaint; 08-20-2021, 05:02 AM.

Comment

The joys of ranching/farming.

Comment

Sorry about your troubles, that has to be frustrating. That being said enjoy not being in a office building all day.

Comment

I’d rather be dealing with that then will the B.S. at my job!!!

Comment

Meanwhile……….

Comment

Originally posted by planomustang View Post

It could be worse. I could still be working for Raytheon, getting a daily dose of Diversity, Inclusion, or Equity.

Randy
              Keep focusing on this. I work on a contract where Raytheon is the prime contractor, you are in a better place believe me.

Comment

Praying for you and your situation. Hot sun and quiet cattle, on the way. My parents are dealing with similar, as are many, I suspect. Finally got cutters in the field, hay laying down, and then two straight days of rain. Army worms hit us hard two weeks ago, but luckily it was dry enough for us to spray.

Comment

If it was easy, everyone one would be a rancher !
                  Hang in there, at least you still have pride.

Comment

Prayers up for issues to turn around soon. Hang in there!
                    No doubt to farm you need the passion to work the land. Most of the folks farming around me be it cattle, chickens or hay etc are getting up in age. There are allot of empty pastures also, not sure whether that is heading.

Comment

It will be a DROUGHT soon!!!!!!!!!! to balance it all out..

Comment

sounds like a normal day on the ranch/farm to me.......Always something needing fixed

Comment

3rd generation here. 30 years in dairy.

3rd round of army worms this season. Feed cost more than I get for milk and fertilizer makes quality hay not even affordable

I’m done. I’ve done this for 30 and hated it for 35. I can find far easier was to go broke and stay frustrated. The second my dad says “calf rope” (only reason I stay), IM DONE. the powers that be in this industry can get bent, and will one day reap what they have sown. Stuff their pockets while the producers work with no end in sight for crumbs with everything invested and on the line

If it’s a hobby…. It might be a “no better way of life”

If it’s your way of life….. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone

Comment

Real world ranching problems and mother nature works on her own schedule.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just another day. Some days good, some bad. If it will make you feel better you can come feed 1500 head of stockers in the rain or bring a shovel and dig out a stuck 18 wheeler loaded with chicken manure.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck_jane View Post
                                Just another day. Some days good, some bad. If it will make you feel better you can come feed 1500 head of stockers in the rain or bring a shovel and dig out a stuck 18 wheeler loaded with chicken manure.
                                Can I borrow the shovel when your done? I sold some bull calves. One brought $3 and the other $5. I’m gonna bury the money in jars for a rainy day fund!

Comment

Working...
                                X