No announcement yet.

AZ Trail Camera Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without cellular cameras, how will you know when that 160" buck is at your feeder so you can leave work early and go shoot it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
      AZGFD voted 5-0 to ban trail cameras for hunting.
      Article
      What if I just like to take pictures of wildlife most weekends?

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
        Same here. Got tired of keeping up with them.
        same here. New guy got on this last season and put them up. He spent most of the season fixing them, working on them, to come back and tell me what we already new. In the beginning I thought we should do this. By the end I remembered why I quit.

Comment

Drought puts even more pressure on very limited water resources.
          Those limited resources end up having numerous cameras and loads of back and forth traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by cmwessels View Post
            Wouldn't bother me if it happened everywhere. Cameras make hunters lazy and take away a big part of the hunting experience. When I was younger before cameras everyone was always fired up for opening morning and had no idea what may walk out. Now, if there isn't something special on the camera its hard to get motivated to even hunt. At our lease we use them throughout the summer but take all of them up once the season starts. If you want to kill a certain animal you will have to get out and find him.
            Kind of like "pre fishing" for big red fish out of a tower boat! Gone are the days of actually fishing to find them. Now everyone jumps in the tower boat and burns for miles!

Comment

We use them to help identify the deer we want guests to shoot. If we didn't have cameras we wouldn't know what we had to shoot until midway through the season. Our place is a little over 4 hours away. Having a few cameras us eliminates having to drive hours and hours just to figure out what deer we are going to try to hunt. Once season starts we don't really use them as much unless there's a big smart buck that is whooping us. My uncle hunted a deer for 2.5 years in our place. Had pics of him mon-thurs every week. He'd show up to hunt and the buck would no-show. One weekend he stayed through monday and walked to his blind, normally parked the truck a couple hundred yards away, sure enough the buck showed up!!! If he wouldn't of had pics of that deer he would of never known he was there....

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                We quit using cameras at our ranch years ago. Puts the hunt back in hunting.

Exactly!!!
                Feeders were illegal where I grew up and learned to hunt. Cameras were non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

LeTs BaN HuNtInG WiTh AnYtHiNg BuT TrAdItIoNaL EqUiPmEnT.

JK. its just another wedge to divide hunters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                    AZGFD voted 5-0 to ban trail cameras for hunting.
                    Article
                    Good thing you use Game Cameras and not Trail Cameras.

Comment

This will create new jobs. You'll pay a scout to sit and pattern animals, time of day, locations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        Good thing you use Game Cameras and not Trail Cameras.
                        In related news... I've sold very few T-MateĀ® mounts to AZ over the last 5 years.

And to those opposed... I get the argument for crowded public land but to make it statewide regardless of public or private is an overreach.
                        If you prefer to be surprised... Simple fix... Chose not to use them.

Comment

what used to be the great thing about America was the FREEDOM to do things how you want. you guys that think trail cams and feeders take away from the hunting experience - great! Nobody is forcing you to use either.

by the same token, if someone else choses to use all available legal means in their efforts - just as great! Nobody should be allowed to infringe upon their right to do so, just because a few don't agree with those methods.

I get the public land issue, that sounds like it's causing unintended consequences, and making for a worse situation for everyone...even if you get drawn, it would suck to have 50 other cams there and people in and out...not going to see much there.

But on private land, folks should be allowed to manage and use the tools available. I like to know when the neighbors cattle stray onto our place, or when pigs are patterning to a feeder so i can go take care of the issue. ...in addition to knowing more about the bucks in the area each year.

Comment

i live in AZ......38 years now.... now that they got our camera's ...... Fish finders.....lighted optics-rifle scopes.....range finders...... etc.....are next....... jdh in az

Comment

Originally posted by jmiles95 View Post
                              what used to be the great thing about America was the FREEDOM to do things how you want. you guys that think trail cams and feeders take away from the hunting experience - great! Nobody is forcing you to use either.

by the same token, if someone else choses to use all available legal means in their efforts - just as great! Nobody should be allowed to infringe upon their right to do so, just because a few don't agree with those methods.

I get the public land issue, that sounds like it's causing unintended consequences, and making for a worse situation for everyone...even if you get drawn, it would suck to have 50 other cams there and people in and out...not going to see much there.

But on private land, folks should be allowed to manage and use the tools available. I like to know when the neighbors cattle stray onto our place, or when pigs are patterning to a feeder so i can go take care of the issue. ...in addition to knowing more about the bucks in the area each year.
                              Easy there Karen. Take a deep breath. I haven’t seen where anybody wants to regulate your cameras on private land.

Comment

I miss the good old days of hunting where you're actually hunting. I had fun with cameras and it's fun to check them, but they got too good to the point where you know every deer that's coming out it detracts from the actual hunting. I guess hunting is a lost art these days though so maybe that's fine for some.

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                                This will create new jobs. You'll pay a scout to sit and pattern animals, time of day, locations etc.
                                No I won't.

Originally posted by Easttxbowman View Post
                                I don't think it's the cameras themselves that is the issue. The problem was everyone was put them on the same waterholes and the traffic to and from was crazy. Like 30+ per waterhole. I've even heard there were people (who knew they weren't going to draw a bull tag anytime soon) essentially selling pictures of huge elk, To people who drew the area almost as a tip on where to concentrate efforts.
                                This plus it also creates a point of contention among the people putting them out. When you've got 30 cams at a watering hole and one of them mysteriously stops taking pictures the accusations start flying. I bet they field plenty of annoying petty theft calls too where someone's camera goes missing.

Comment

Working...
                                X