AZ Trail Camera Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wtx223 View Post
    Public land/private land like comparing apples and oranges. There might be 50 cameras set up on only water source for miles and with that many cameras comes the non stop traffic to check cameras. Lots of pressure on wildlife. Managing wildlife on public land for mature animals not happening.
    I didnt think of it like that. Hmmmm

Comment

dont want you to see illegals and the drug smuggling if you dont see it its not happening

Comment

We quit using cameras at our ranch years ago. Puts the hunt back in hunting.

Comment

Link to article?

Comment

Residents are still trying to fight it. For whatever good that’s worth?? I believe it goes into effect next year.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
              Link to article?
              Very first post

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                What are these “trail cameras” of which you speak?

Seriously though, good grief.
                Mine are SECURITY CAMERAS........lol

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  Funny how we used to not have them and still killed game back then.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  Kind of like when we didn't have compound bows or expandable broadheads and fancy scopes, etc.

It's just another tool in the bag.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                    We quit using cameras at our ranch years ago. Puts the hunt back in hunting.
                    Same here. Got tired of keeping up with them.

Comment

Wouldn't bother me if it happened everywhere. Cameras make hunters lazy and take away a big part of the hunting experience. When I was younger before cameras everyone was always fired up for opening morning and had no idea what may walk out. Now, if there isn't something special on the camera its hard to get motivated to even hunt. At our lease we use them throughout the summer but take all of them up once the season starts. If you want to kill a certain animal you will have to get out and find him.

Comment

ban tihngs i dont like!

Comment

Originally posted by cmwessels View Post
                          Wouldn't bother me if it happened everywhere. Cameras make hunters lazy and take away a big part of the hunting experience. When I was younger before cameras everyone was always fired up for opening morning and had no idea what may walk out. Now, if there isn't something special on the camera its hard to get motivated to even hunt. At our lease we use them throughout the summer but take all of them up once the season starts. If you want to kill a certain animal you will have to get out and find him.
                          Copy that .
                          People have 0 skills anymore as far as a woodsman/hunter goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                            Kind of like when we didn't have compound bows or expandable broadheads and fancy scopes, etc.

It's just another tool in the bag.
                            Oh we use them at our place. Not all the time. Early August we'll get them up and se what we have for target animals.
                            Or what time pigs are coming in.
                            But I don't run them all the time and don't determine anything but that from them. And if one craps out or I don't replace a card I don't worry about not having it up.
                            They are a good management tool if used for that. That said I've hunted elk enough to know if you arrive a few days ahead of season, put a fee cameras on water seeps, trail along chutes and funnels and find the most active ones you could have an advantage.
                            There are a lot more people chasing elk than ever. More people encroaching into habitats building homes and less places for them to roam.
                            I don't know that this makes much of a positive difference for the animals but time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Banning them statewide is kind of knee jerk, but on public it makes sense. How many calls do you think they got that somebody's camera, left on public land, went missing? How many hunts do you think got ruined because bubba went to check the camera that marks "his" spot? Full disclosure, I've got cameras at my feeders. At some point it ain't hunting, it's just picking one to shoot. Now you'll actually have to put in the smallest amount of effort to scout public land? The horror...
                              Last edited by jdg13; 06-23-2021, 07:21 AM.

Comment

all for it especially on public land. Ran into several people who in CO last year who said they ran cameras all year to locate the elk herds.

Comment

Working...
                                X