Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you guys think another market crash is coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you sit on cash?

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
      So you sit on cash?
      I suppose if you have billions, that would be a good play. Doubt its a good plan for my $5.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        So you sit on cash?

Buffet also recommends individual investors not try to market time.

Comment

I asked my financial advisor what to invest in yesterday and he said with Biden's administration in office you better invest in a shelter with lots of can goods and supplies.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
            I asked my financial advisor what to invest in yesterday and he said with Biden's administration in office you better invest in a shelter with lots of can goods and supplies.
            True story!

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              He’s betting that the decrease in the value of the dollar is less than the decrease/contraction in the valuation of the companies he would invest in. If the dollar loses 5% but funds lose 10%, he wins by 5% before any kind of recovery or upswing even begins.
              If the dollar loses 10% and funds lose 10% he would sit win because the dollar won't gain back anything but the funds will re-adjust once things settle and PE ratios will be lower once inflated prices are factored in.

Make sense?
              Company sells 1 million widgets for $10 each with profit of 10% or 1 mil in profit.

After inflation company sells the same 1 million widgets for same 10% profit margin but sells them for $20 each.. Now they're netting 2 million.

Stock should be worth 2x what it was before inflation scare.

Comment

Working...
              X