Lexington Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lexington Texas

I just leased 330 Acers in Lexington it’s in lee country but not far from Milam County how is the deer population out there are there any big bucks in that area

Depends on what you're used to. Much lower deer density and antler size than most of the hill country or south Texas. I'd be excited to shoot anything in the 140's there. Probably a handful of big boys in the creek bottoms or remote parts of old Alcoa land or Somerville land.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would say depends on your neighbors and if you have a creek on your place. It’s more than likely loaded with pigs, won’t take long to figure that out once you put a feeder out

Comment

I hunt in both Milam and in Lexington and I see plenty of deer and hogs. ALOT depends on your neighbors. 140's is the biggest I've seen.

Comment

Lexington Texas

161” my cousin killed 2 years ago. They have about 275 acres that we have managed about 20 years. Like mentioned neighbors play a big key. Big deer are not the norm but 140-160’s do slip through the area at times.

My cousin passéd this deer the year before as a 145-150” 5 yr old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tshelly, that's a great buck.

I used to hunt Milam Co back in the day and am familiar also with Lee County, as well. Deer density is better than what it was in the 80's-90's. Depending on where you are located, you can see some good bucks from time to time. Antler restrictions have helped tremendously in the area. Tons of hogs.

Comment

A lot of deer in some areas.
              Antler restrictions have done a lot of good.

Comment

Yeah it’s also depends on how close you are to the lake.

Comment

I got a 5 acer pound on it it’s pretty open with a few hills

I’m on hwy 77 and cr411

Comment

pigs pigs pigs

Comment

Working...
                    X