Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice - Mule deer outfitter, gun and bow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice - Mule deer outfitter, gun and bow.

Looking to take my father, brother, and son on a Mule Deer hunt this next season. Any state really. Looking for recommendations of outfitters. They would hunt with rifles, I would bow hunt. Thanks in advance.

Need to know budget. Mule deer hunts go from $3500 to $30,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
      Need to know budget. Mule deer hunts go from $3500 to $30,000.

I would like to keep it around 5-6k per person, but depends on location etc.

Comment

I would look at montana in that price range. I have hunted with Perkins Outfitters twice and killed 2 nice mulies. I have also heard good things about Blue Rock Outfitters. The draw deadline for Montana is March 15 and is usually around 100% success if you go through the Outfitters.

Comment

That price your gonna be limited to New Mexico, Montana and maybe a few ranches in Colorado. You could also do a Mexico coues deer hunt which I would pick over a mule deer hunt in that price range.

If I’m being honest in that price range I would just go diy. You could do Arizona late Archery for $460 a person plus travel. This buck was way less than 6k and not a ton smaller than what you will kill paying that.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            That price your gonna be limited to New Mexico, Montana and maybe a few ranches in Colorado. You could also do a Mexico coues deer hunt which I would pick over a mule deer hunt in that price range.

If I’m being honest in that price range I would just go diy. You could do Arizona late Archery for $460 a person plus travel. This buck was way less than 6k and not a ton smaller than what you will kill paying that.

2 very good points here.

1. Coues Deer in Mexico are as big as they come and you will each get a heck of a trophy in that price range, as well they are considered the toughest of all NA deer species to get.

2. In the OP’s price range you can find an outfitter in just about any state out west and even Texas. What JT killed and stated is very true about his buck being about along the lines of what you will get out of that price range when you could save yourself thousands by going DIY with the same results of paying an outfitter or guide.

Comment

Working...
            X