Kill a Monarch Butterfly,go to jail.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kill a Monarch Butterfly,go to jail.

Click bait!!! But still a cool time of year.

Someone ought whup your arse for diverting my valuable time!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Someone ought whup your arse for diverting my valuable time!!!

They are coming through brother. Windshields and front ends beware. [emoji3][emoji3]

Comment

Yep, I remember hunting on a lease in Junction and having them migrate through....looked like a colorful Milky Way in daytime! A sight to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
          Yep, I remember hunting on a lease in Junction and having them migrate through....looked like a colorful Milky Way in daytime! A sight to behold.
          Yep, saw that in Ballinger one year, they were everywhere. Sitting for three hours waiting on a shot never passed faster.

Comment

Guess we live far enough east we just see a few stragglers

Comment

It’s a really cool to see them come through. And my softer side feels a little bad when I’m plowing through them on the highway doing 75. For real, how would you feel if you were heading to Mexico to party for the winter and you get splattered by a gringo.

Comment

Got me.

I used to hunt on a ranch out west, it had a tree that held thousands of them this time of year.

Comment

One October a few years back a semi-tame roadrunner hung out in my backyard. He made a good living darting after and beak spearing Monarch low flyers. Kinda felt sorry for these cool little guys, but like Josey might have said, roadrunners gotta eat, same as worms.

Monarchs are another reason October is such a great month.

Comment

20 plus years ago I was hunting public land in Wise County and came across an old house place that had several thousands of monarchs all around in the trees in a circle. I was awe.

I have some friends from college, Rustled Again and his wife, that have a ranch near Menard. My wife and I are going down in a couple of weeks to help tag Monarchs along the San Saba River.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      20 plus years ago I was hunting public land in Wise County and came across an old house place that had several thousands of monarchs all around in the trees in a circle. I was awe.

I have some friends from college, Rustled Again and his wife, that have a ranch near Menard. My wife and I are going down in a couple of weeks to help tag Monarchs along the San Saba River.

Tagging is pretty awesome. It’s pretty amazing how allot of these critters travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
                        Tagging is pretty awesome. It’s pretty amazing how allot of these critters travel.
                        BUT #tagging is the dumbest thing I have ever tried having explained to me. I still don’t want to understand it!

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post

What is tagging? Tiny little bands like they use for ducks?

Comment

Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                              What is tagging? Tiny little bands like they use for ducks?
                              It's something the wives enjoy. I'm sure Matt and I will stay busy with ranch projects.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tagMigratingMonarchs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	158.3 KB
ID:	24662609

Comment

Working...
                              X