Old Military 1911 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Military 1911 questions

My mother has a old Ithaca 1911 her husband's grandfather brought back from the war any value to this? I can text pics her husband passed a few months back and we are looking into selling but wanting to get any info of anyone could help!

What condition?

Comment

Very well could be of some value. Lots of variables to be considered pics will certainly help.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
        What condition?
        I can text pic 972 815 9064

Comment

Troy, reach out to Artos, or Humper. They are very knowledgeable on these types of guns.

Hump, be nice. [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
            Troy, reach out to Artos, or Humper. They are very knowledgeable on these types of guns.

Hump, be nice. [emoji41]
            Thanks

Comment

Which war?
              Which model?
              I have my grandfather’s 1911 that he carried in WWI. It’s the original 1911 not the A1.
              Serial number, if I remember correctly, is in the 200,000’s. Last value search I did on it showed that it wasn’t very high.

Comment

Ithaca made 1911 A1’s for the US in ww2. Here’s a nice example

Colt Automatic Pistols is dedicated to collectors and enthusiasts of military and commercial Colt pistols, Colt revolvers, Colt firearms and accessories.

Comment

The latest on the CMP 1911 sales will be posted on this page, including ordering and grade information as well as availability.

Comment

I'm no expert by any means. But value will depend on condition, and if it has been reworked at an arsenal. It could be an Ithaca slide, with who knows what other parts.

Comment

An original pistol could be worth some money, but most of these pistols are parts bin guns and have been refurbished may times. Saying that they are still well over a grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                        Which war?
                        Which model?
                        I have my grandfather’s 1911 that he carried in WWI. It’s the original 1911 not the A1.
                        Serial number, if I remember correctly, is in the 200,000’s. Last value search I did on it showed that it wasn’t very high.
                        This is a typical Troy thread. He asks a question; then when folks try to get clarification to help with his question...he ghosts the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                          This is a typical Troy thread. He asks a question; then when folks try to get clarification to help with his question...he ghosts the thread.
                          I know he left early this morning to go out to his new lease. Not sure when, or if, he made it back home.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                            I know he left early this morning to go out to his new lease. Not sure when, or if, he made it back home.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                            I understand, but he has posted 6-7 times since Geoff asked him a question on the thread that HE started. Troy's a good dude, but he has a history of posting, then vacating the thread when people try to help him. Just makes me wonder why he even starts the threads if he is not interested in the answers

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I understand, but he has posted 6-7 times since Geoff asked him a question on the thread that HE started. Troy's a good dude, but he has a history of posting, then vacating the thread when people try to help him. Just makes me wonder why he even starts the threads if he is not interested in the answers
                              I DID get the answers I needed from people texting me from here thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X