Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best ( or adaquate ) 3 blade broadhead ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best ( or adaquate ) 3 blade broadhead ?

Gonna shoot the kudu point bit want to pick up some more 125 heads.

Was thinking of the boringness but reliable G5 Montec.

Any reason as to why this would not be a good broadhead to use?

Montecs are really difficult to get very sharp. Best 3 blade broadhead in the world that is in the economy realm is the QAD Exodus. Shoot what tickles your fancy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good Post, I am working with the exodus and grim reapers. Not trying to hijack post, but I’ve read a lot where people add inserts to make the arrow heavier. At 40 lbs I need all the advantage I can get. Watcha think

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
        Good Post, I am working with the exodus and grim reapers. Not trying to hijack post, but I’ve read a lot where people add inserts to make the arrow heavier. At 40 lbs I need all the advantage I can get. Watcha think

I’d 100% work toward stacking a little extra weight at the front of the arrow. All that will do is store the energy and maintain it through the impact process better than a lighter weight arrow. I’d stay away from Grim Reaper Mechanical heads at that low of poundage. They do make some very nice fixed blades though that would be just fine.

Comment

The best one is the one you can get the sharpest, and that probably won’t be a Montec G5!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

VPA makes awesome 3 blade heads and they'll get sharp!! A little pricey but they're worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
              VPA makes awesome 3 blade heads and they'll get sharp!! A little pricey but they're worth it.
              I love the VPA and also have some Snuffers, but am very challenged when trying to sharpen ANYTHING. I can get them mediocre sharp at best.

Comment

Wensel woodsman are great and easy to get scary sharp!

Comment

Thunderhead 125

Comment

I

Comment

Here's a post on what I think is the easiest/best method for sharpening 3 blade heads

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        The best one is the one you can get the sharpest, and that probably won’t be a Montec G5!

Bisch

X2

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post

this is what im shooting this season...the material it is constructed with is much better than a montec i can tell you that

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

Or a Woodsman/Woodsman Elite.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

The Montecs don’t seem to hold an edge very well either which is why I think the blood trail issues are mentioned so often.

NAP Hellrazor/Magnus Snuffer have been better to me.

The qad exodus is awesome in flight, but it’s a very stubby head in that it chops more than slices. If you don’t believe me, try putting an exodus and a true coc head on the end of an arrow and manually shove them into a broadhead target. The exodus took a lot more energy than I expected, but way less than a mechanical obviously. Just something to consider.

Comment

Working...
                              X