Kansas GIANT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas GIANT

I figure he deserves a good write up in his own thread.
    We leased a new farm last year, in addition to the other couple of farms we have leased, and it's proven to be some pretty good ground. Last year we spent trying to learn the property, and the best way to hunt it. Did a little scouting and hung a few cameras. We had some nice deer on camera but this one buck really stood out. Problem was, we only got 1 pic of him. He was never seen in person. 2 guys killed nice bucks on this farm last year, and I came home empty handed after losing a giant on one of our other farms. Tough year for me.
    This year, I changed up my plan a bit as we normally spent 14-16 days up there. I felt like we didn't normally see our mature deer until later in the trip. By this time I would be burnt out and yearning for home, but it's when I needed to be in the woods the most. This year I cut my trip in half, and left a week later. I showed up on KS on Monday the 16th about mid day and was right on time. I had a good hunt that evening, and saw tons of activity the following day. Tho whole time on stand Tuesday I had parades of deer cruising the woods. I saw close to 40 deer Tuesday on stand, a mixture of bucks and does but no shooters. Wednesday morning was a beat down, 35mph winds, gusting to 45. It was brutal.
    Wednesday evening I went to where we got the picture of this buck last year, and had 2 pics of him this year. I had never hunted this stand, and was a bit worried that if something did show up, I wouldn't be able to get a shot off. This place needed some trimming in a bad way. It was a fairly slow afternoon with just a couple of deer moving thru when with about 15 mins of light left I hear a pretty deep grunt behind me. 60ish yards north a really nice 8 steps into the cut corn with a doe. He's a 3-4 year old that will be a giant, probably 140's. I dig in my bag for my video camera while never taking my eyes off of him. About 5 steps into the field he locks up, pins his ears, and starts stiff leg crab walking towards center of field. I peek around I big tree to see an absolute GIANT, with a doe, doing the same, coming from opposite side of the field. I immediately put my camera on him, they will meet about 150 yards from me and are about to put on a show. After getting zoomed in on him I immediately know who he is. There is no reason for him to come my direction, and not enough light left so for now, I'm just here for the show. When they get about 40 yards from each other, his doe makes a 90* turn, straight to me. He immediately relaxes, turns with her, and heads my way. AHHH HES COMING TO ME. I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to do with my camera, and where I'll have a shooting lane. It all happened so fast after that, I can't hardly recall. It's almost a blurr, but the arrow found its mark at about 22 yards, and he piled up in less than 40. I know, the pictures are terrible, but it's what I've got. He was very unofficially scored at 191 2/8. Picture with guy in red shirt (Justin spies) show him the best I think. First pic is him last year. Next is this year, day before I shot him.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk

Wow! Nice!

Comment

Wow, what a monster! Congrats! Those bases are insane! Congrats on a buck of a lifetime

Comment

What a toad! Congrats.

Comment

Man that’s a beast! Congratulations!

Comment

That is truly a Whopper of a Buck! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congratulations! Kansas is on my whitetail destination list. Thanks for the inspiration and motivation to get up there.

Comment

Originally posted by louieagarcia View Post
                Wow, what a monster! Congrats! Those bases are insane! Congrats on a buck of a lifetime

Comment

Giant. Congrats

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Net Booner.....congrats!

Comment

What a buck! Crazy mass! Congrats!

Comment

Great trophy!! Your math doesn't add up to your score

Comment

Originally posted by samson33 View Post
                            Great trophy!! Your math doesn't add up to your score
                            [emoji849]. I'm just an ol southeast tx redneck.

What does your math add up to?

Comment

Amazing!!

Comment

Working...
                              X