Pecans this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pecans this year?

any on your trees? have a few. think the last feb freeze may have put a hurt on them?

Mine appear to have a decent crop this year.

Comment

Think a good hard freeze is good for pecan trees

Comment

I have a decent amount in my big tree, but the quality is not there. A good portion of the nuts are bad.

Comment

If my neighbors (love-em to death, but...) would quit cutting their limbs off, they'd have a good bunch! But now she's talking about cutting the tree down they don't get a good crop out of it, cause she saw a neighbor 9 houses up the street had a mulberry fall over? Biggest fight has been the squirrels. I've been helping them pick their pecans every year. And trap squirrels. The tree has been there since 1974. But, it's their tree.

Comment

We’re loaded up here, some of the limbs look like their ready to snap off due to the weight.

Comment

If the squirrels take a break, i might get a couple in the fall.

Comment

Started falling here this week. I picked up about a half gallon this weekend from the Chicot Bayou tree. Maybe the last year we get a crop off that tree due to previous hurricane damage. Will have a few saplings to offer for sale after the first of the year.

Tim

Comment

I’ve been getting the big green shells for a few weeks now which worried me. Have several types on my property. Today I was watching a lone doe feeding on a spot close to the river until a coyote ran her about 9am. Walked down later and there were pecans all over that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve got quite a few but the squirrels are wearing them out.

Comment

We have several trees around our office building...I've never seen them so packed.

Comment

Interesting comments so far. My trees were loaded last year. This year it looks pretty sparse.

Comment

Between the Feb freeze, squirrels and the hurricane I've not got squat on my trees. Hardly any leaves even. Did manage fried squirrel & squirrel stew outta the trees though.

Comment

Best year in 7 at my place .

Comment

San Saba area looks to have a pretty good crop.

Comment

Working...
                              X