Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    If you believe in antler genetics.
    Then he needs to go. Ask your local game warden and show him the pictures.

He will say he is under 13 Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jstamps50 View Post
      The letter of the law and intent behind the 13 inch rule is to prevent as many immature deer fatalities as possible. I've seen it personally and have first hand knowledge, if the deer is obviously mature and you can provide proof, the State will allow it. It's obviously a mature deer that may never be 13".. that doesn't mean you can't kill a 5 year old 10-12 point just because he is at 11". I would honestly take that picture to your local GW and explain it, ask him what he thinks. Proof of maturity is the point behind the regulation.

Game Wardens can’t give you permission to break the law.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Won’t make 13.

Comment

Originally posted by jstamps50 View Post
          I've seen it many times. I wouldn't call it permission, more of an exception. And all law enforcement officers have discretion. Been one for over a decade now. Very respectfully of course, don't want anyone thinking I'm being snippy.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
          Most Texas Laws say you “may” a few say you “shall” which leaves no discretion. A game warden has no discretion in this law! Either it is 13 and legal or it is not and it is illegal. The fine and punitive punishment wouldn’t be worth taking a chance.

Comment

I'd call and talk to your local game warden about it for sure. Only consideration is that you'd probably have to process the deer yourself due to the law being in place and most processors won't take an illegal deer.

Definitely a shooter buck. The 13" law was not made for that deer!

Comment

Ground check him!

Then if you get checked the odds of the game warden giving you a ticket are slim. Def a risk id be willing to take on a deer like that

Comment

Originally posted by Troutamer View Post
                Ground check him!

Then if you get checked the odds of the game warden giving you a ticket are slim. Def a risk id be willing to take on a deer like that
                Green jeans has joined the conversation

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X