I Don't Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JayBay3405 View Post
    I have been working at a plant for 25 years, guys that can take what this guy is saying, and have thick skin and keep their nose to the grindstone and even heckle this guy back usually survive and make it ( that was back in the day). At my company now if you say something like that to someone especially if you are a white male, you will be, in the HR office probably losing your job. The reason for this is because my company is woke, I care inclusive in diversity and culture, wants everyone treated the same no matter if your the best worker or a lazy POS. All that being said, guys now use all sick time they have, do half as good a job, and the workers are not anywhere close to as good as they were 25 years ago. Don't get me wrong some new guys are great workers with, good skill sets and work ethic, most are not. You sound like one of the good ones. Just keep your nose to the grindstone, and show this guy that you are not like most of the rest you will earn his respect.
    Sounds like we work for the same company. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      Bro you need to get some thicker skin. I bet that guy forgot all about you 30 seconds after he walked by. Here you are posting this because he’s still in your head. He wasn’t lying. You’re at the bottom on the company ladder. So what. Climb it! You should have just smiled and said yep! You will run into adversity like that in almost any profession. Let it roll off and keep on working towards your own goals.
      My thought exactly. The dude is living rent free in OP's head.

Comment

I have worked at a plant for almost 20 years. I now teach Process Technology at a junior college. I have had a number of really good students who did well in class but only worked a short time at a plant because the type of co-workers they had to deal with . Working the long hours , lots of overtime , etc. can really make some people bitter.

Lots of good advice in many of the preceding posts. But pm if you ever would like to talk or just vent. What I have learned, in brief, is that you can't let them know they can get under your skin.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
          Sounds like we work for the same company. Lol
          I would bet money we do !!

Comment

Feed it back to him....."I may not matter right now, but when I'm done here I will have mattered more than you..."

Comment

I get lots of compliments on my "No Lives Matter" t shirt. If that makes you feel any better. Or worse.

Comment

Ya can't let people who waste oxygen like that that steal your joy...chin up & move forward.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  You're good enough. You're smart enough. And doggone it, people like you.
                  You arent about to grope a sleeping female journalist or aide are you?

Comment

At some point ( maybe you havent reached that age yet ), but you basically say to yourself, "eff that mf" and then show em. Fact of the matter is, its up to you to show them ( over time ) that you excel in your work. After that nothing more needs to be said.

Comment

People with low self esteem, or those in the 2nd or 3rd grade often belittle others to make themselves feel better.

Next time just tell him, "let's see if you still feel that way when I'm your boss".

Comment

I would completely ignore. Bruh you must be young - there’s gunna be lame azzes like that at every point in your career / life

Comment

Dude's living rent free in your head! Sounds like you are a solid hand, let his statements go.

In all reality turnover is so high in so many businesses, the "salty" guys get tired of training new hires.

You seem like a good guy and a hard worker. Let your actions speak louder than words and you will be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                            I get that i should pay him no mind and get thicker skin. But i feel this comment would be more geared toward a person who is a POS who does the bare minimum and goes home. I feel that I have been a valuable member of this team and have helped out in other areas of the plant to learn and retain knowledge that may be beneficial to me in the future. If i'm not helping others or doing my job in my area, I'm face down in my manuals and outside tracing systems to learn and ask my trainer questions and senerio's to gauge where and how to respond in an emergency situation. To do all that and still be told i dont matter kinda sucks.
                            Your response should have just been "I matter more than you're opinion of me does".
                            No one can offend you unless you allow it. His opinion has as much weight as you allow it to have.
                            I never get offended unless its an actual physical offense. Mental and emotional offense are a waste of my time and add no value to my life.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by rolylane6; 09-21-2021, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Bro you need to get some thicker skin. I bet that guy forgot all about you 30 seconds after he walked by. Here you are posting this because he’s still in your head. He wasn’t lying. You’re at the bottom on the company ladder. So what. Climb it! You should have just smiled and said yep! You will run into adversity like that in almost any profession. Let it roll off and keep on working towards your own goals.
                              Bingo! You nailed it on the head! It’s called climbing the ladder! He’s doing you a favor and breaking you in right! He can respect you as a human but you shouldn’t get any work respect until you have earned it! Listen and learn! You’ll earn respect with every step you climb on your ladder.

Comment

Make something constructive from this. Ask yourself whatnot is you do that matters or makes a difference. If you come up with a couple things, celebrate that. If you can't come up with a couple things, look for a place to excel and commit to doing so.

Comment

Working...
                                X