Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monoclonal Antibody Infusion and Corona

A few questions....

1. For those that have had the antibody infusion what was your experience?
    2. What were your symptoms at the time of infusion?
    3. Has anyone heard of any down sides to getting the infusion?
    4. How many people started off with very mild symptoms at first after testing positive for corona and then got hit hard later on?

I started with symptoms on Saturday, sore throat, drainage, body ache, headache, cough. Yesterday, no more sore throat or drainage, but the cough was bad and had tightness in chest, still had body aches. Today other than a little cough every once in a while I feel fine. I am scheduled to get the infusion tomorrow, I have some heart conditions that put me at a slightly higher risk, mostly hypertension. I’m really on the fence about getting it. I don’t trust the research I am doing online as I know the powers at be only let us see what they want us to see. Though I would ask to see if any of you have some input on your experience.

This is not intended to be other than my two cents.... and I am not a doctor....

A friend of mine caught C19 and scheduled the antibody infusion at a local hospital for about two days later. They made it through C19 with no major problems, thankfully. It required waiting over eight hours to get the infusion, due to procedural hangups. I believe they are happy they did it and had no negative side effects, as far as I am aware.

Sorry you may have the 19. God bless you.

Comment

I know a dozen people who got it as soon as testing positive. Most also took ivermectin but some did not. All that were pretty sick felt better next day and ended with a light case. All were caught early due to a known exposure. I'm not aware of any down side to the treatment.
      Last edited by GarGuy; 09-06-2021, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Everything I hear or read says get it as soon as possible and it's amazing. If you wait too long and get bad off then I've heard they won't do it for you. The only reason my wife didn't do it is because she is pregnant and wanted to wait for her OB docs opinion. Thankfully she only had a mild case and didn't require it, she had her first vaccine shot so I don't know how much this factored in.

Comment

Get it ASAP, especially with underlying health conditions.

Comment

My Father got one a week ago. He is 71 years old with heart problems. No shot, got Covid on Thursday had the Infusion Sunday and by Tuesday was back to 100%. Please do yourself a favor and get it done. I been battling this sh** for 9 days myself now and its kicking my butt right now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
              My Father got one a week ago. He is 71 years old with heart problems. No shot, got Covid on Thursday had the Infusion Sunday and by Tuesday was back to 100%. Please do yourself a favor and get it done. I been battling this sh** for 9 days myself now and its kicking my butt right now.

And after 9 days they wont give it to you, correct? Im not sure what the cut off is about but that is my understanding.

Comment

My wife and MIL got it. They were both filling pretty rough and were feeling way better the next day after treatment. Vaccine doesn’t work but the infusion absolutely does work. I would recommend that everyone should look into where they can get the treatment before you get the Rona. It’s no longer if you get COVID it is when you will get it. Both my wife and I got the vaccine And it worked for neither of us. I have a renewed hatred for all things made in China.

Comment

I believe you have to "qualify" for the Infusion. That's what they told my dad. I asked the emergency room doctor about it when I was in there yesterday and the only thing I got out of him was I should have taking the shot and I wouldn't be in this position. I was in bad shape yesterday and looking for anything and everything.

Comment

You do have to “qualify” but they don’t weigh you to check you BMI or any of the other qualifying things.

Comment

My wife and I both had it last week. No symptoms/side effects, and we feel better.

Comment

Thanks guys. I’m definitely keeping my appointment tomorrow. I’ll report back on my experience as I’m sure there will be others looking at this thread to help them with there decision.

Comment

I’ve known a couple of people who’ve had infusions and they felt much better within 24 hours.

Comment

I’m ignorant on this...do you get this done after catching the Rona? Or is it done before as preventative?

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                              I’m ignorant on this...do you get this done after catching the Rona? Or is it done before as preventative?
                              After you test positive but before 10 days into your symptoms

Comment

Working...
                              X