boat capsized lake conroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boat capsized lake conroe

“Just after 8 pm Saturday night the “Lake Conroe Queen”, a party boat capsized near Regency Point on Lake Conroe. The boat with 53 men women and small children on board was hit by an unexpected high wind and five to six-foot waves. According to several personal weather stations on Weather Underground winds of just under 20 miles per hour hit the area at about 7:54 p.m. Calls started to come into 911 with reports of 20-30 people in the water and some still trapped in the boat. The number kept climbing. Residents of Regency Point watched it happen and several of them jumped into action pulling people from the water. Several children and babies were among the ones in the water. Several residents pointed to one resident who they say was a Navy Seal. Many say he himself is responsible for the rescue of 15-20 mostly children by him alone. Other residents used ropes and kayaks” http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...UBqap7UvzvdOM4

Wow...hate to hear that!

Comment

There was definitely some bad stuff blowing through from the north yesterday afternoon-evening.

I was at the property a little over an hour north of the lake, wind kicked up and was sustained around 30 MPH. Some thunder and lightning but the actual storms skirted us to the east. That crap didn’t look good at all though.

Anyway, prayers for those involved. Hopefully everyone made it out ok.

Comment

Man that’s awful.

Comment

One person ended up dying from the accident

Comment

Terrible! Good for those neighbors that helped with the rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats sad, crazy how fast the lake can turn when weather rolls in.

Comment

Sad to hear someone lost their life. If it wasn’t for those rescuers, I’m sure the number would have been much higher.

Comment

It was a wild night indeed. Thankfully they made it towards the shore before it capsized. Had it happened much farther out we would have lost many more people.

Comment

Thanks to the hero who saved so many.

Comment

Sad deal. Bad things happen fast on the water.

Comment

Glad they were able to save the majority of them.

Comment

Glad it was not worse. Could have been

Chaps my *** that people stand around videoing with a phone and not doing a thing to help

Comment

Wow thankfully there wasn’t more loss of life!

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                              Glad it was not worse. Could have been

Chaps my *** that people stand around videoing with a phone and not doing a thing to help
                              No joke!! No reason to record a horrible event. If you can't assist physically. You can prepare to help once those in need are on land.

Comment

Working...
                              X