No announcement yet.

The Current Real Estate Market

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the demand has already come down a little bit. In central Texas, It was really good at the end of last year and really got super hot by April. At the end of the year-was able to sell easily at asking price or just over AND have "new home" inventory to choose from. By April, we were on the market (mother's home), the market jumped dramatically from january to april. Everything was going into a bidding war(I think some of this was due to very low inventory to purchase along with more demand due to schools getting out and as a result relocating was escalating).
    I just put last home on the market last week-the market is not what is was in April. I believe alot of this is due to families not wanting to relocate into the new schoolyear. Honestly-selling is the easy part, if you need to relocate into a new home-that's where things are going to get tricky! There isn't much to pick from and you better be ready to pay for it! (be sure you are getting what you want or willing to pay alot for something that doesn't check the boxes)

Comment

Originally posted by Txtourist View Post
      Just cashed out a rental that we bought in ‘05 when they gave out mortgages like candy. Watched the bottom fall out on that one in ‘08 and for a few years wondered if it would ever come back.
      Can’t believe what a 2 bedroom 1 bath no garage in a so so neighborhood brought in.
      Feels good to close the book on that one and going to hold on some others, but it seemed like a good time to unload that one.

I’ve thought about this quite a bit, but I just can’t stand to think of paying the CG tax on our rentals. I’m just holding onto them for now. It’s gets more difficult each year with the higher property tax valuations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Brother has a rental in Leander and first offer as $30k over asking $335k for 1250 sq ft house unreal

Comment

Good thread. I was saying much the same thing in 1974. Before you jump out and sell the house, consider that the trend is ongoing and it might cost you 20% to 30% more to replace what you just sold. Timing is everything in this market.

Comment

There is no place I could current buy and live and cheap as I do not.

Comment

What nobody wants to talk about..and is much more of a concern, is the value of the dollar. The value of USD makes everything seem high. Its a play on numbers that nobody seems to be catching.

Think about it.

Comment

reckon a person would be hard pressed to find a property equal to what I have now .Wondering if I shouldn't just be content with what God has provided...

Comment

Well, I contacted Zillow Offers to see what they would offer me for my house. Bought it right at 1 year ago for $215k. Zillow offered $282k for it.

Comment

We have been solicited by Agents to list for a year now in Granbury. Our home is not in the city limits, little over half an acre and ranch style with covered front and back porches the length of the house, 4br/3bath with additional RV parking and shop. We also are 3 lots up from the lake with a view, but not water front. At least in Granbury, the inventory is very low and I see at least a half dozen vehicles a day driving thru and looking and we are on a 1 way in, no outlet.

I also still help out my land company I retired from when they have a sale. The last one I helped with a couple of months ago had 60+ 1-3 acre sites and typical, sold out in 2 days. The next project land sale is in Hill County not far from Lake Whitney with 10+ acres and they already have 120+- appointments set for July 17th. Keep in mind, electric is in place at the front of each site but buyers have to put in their own septic and water well and they sell and keep on selling at a pace most would not believe.

Our concern, no doubt we could sell our existing home probably the 1st listed day and per several Realtor friends of mine, more and significantly more than the list price....BUT, where can we find what we want at a price we will pay? We would only want the same type house we have now on 10+ acres....have not seen one yet that would work? I've told my wife we may sell, find acreage and put a modular on it and put the rest in our retirement account at our ages. It's amazing what a few acres and a double or single wide are bringing these days!! Time will tell or we will just be content and ride it out.

Comment

In my neck of the woods, someone just sold 1.5 acres for 72k. I am considering selling my 1.8 acres for 75k-80k!

Comment

Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
                        Well, I contacted Zillow Offers to see what they would offer me for my house. Bought it right at 1 year ago for $215k. Zillow offered $282k for it.
                        My brother sold his house in Florida to zillow, he was happy with the deal.

Comment

My brother bought 3 acres next door to him about 5 years ago for $17k per acre. Just listed it for $170k.

Comment

on radio WBAP they were talking about how many more companies are relocating to DFW from California........

Comment

And the price of real estate in CA keeps going up

Comment

Crazy demand is not only for housing, demand for land is at an all time high here in Menard County. We are getting lookers from California here as well..."get a rope"...
                                Adios,
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X