Chimney sweeps and fire wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chimney sweeps and fire wood?

We haven't used our fireplace in almost 15 years. I think it is time to get back to burnin some wood. Do any of y'all know of a good chimney sweep in the Allen area. I'm wanting an inspection and cleaning. Also, I'm looking for somewhere to buy firewood in our area. Any help would be appreciated.

Bump.

Comment

No help with recommendations bro. But years ago I had my chimney, fireplace insert cleaned out, and it was surprisingly clean. I burned a lot of fires back then also. I think the biggest concern is resin fires. Some folks don’t know not to burn soft wood I guess.

Comment

if you are a DIY kinda guy and want to save some money.... these things are good and are less than $60. They hook to your drill. Can find them on amazon or many other sites.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chimney cleaner.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	127.7 KB
ID:	24661985

Comment

Is it a metal box type fireplace, or a masonry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Is it a metal box type fireplace, or a masonry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Brick with an insert looks like. I too old and fat to do it myself. I'm more interested in an inspection more that anything.

Comment

I've used Hale's before for chimney inspection and cleaning. They seemed to do a good job, but I dont remember it being cheap. They also noted some things I needed fixed in the fireplace itself.

I buy wood from Randy's off 380 across from Trades Days. I dont think he's opened up yet this year. They also deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                Brick with an insert looks like. I too old and fat to do it myself. I'm more interested in an inspection more that anything.
                Ask detailed questions before you commit to a company. when we bought our house I paid for a cleaning and inspection- which was a guy using a basic brush to run up the chimney, looking to verify that the screen was on top of the chimney from the ground and telling me all was well. The inspection was what I wanted since I never had a fireplace and that was minimal at best. Maybe there's nothing to inspect

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  I've used Hale's before for chimney inspection and cleaning. They seemed to do a good job, but I dont remember it being cheap. They also noted some things I needed fixed in the fireplace itself.

I buy wood from Randy's off 380 across from Trades Days. I dont think he's opened up yet this year. They also deliver.
                  Thanks Justin. Last time I bought wood was from a guy at the old Stuckey's on 75.

Comment

Working...
                  X