Enchanted Rock Youth Gun Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchanted Rock Youth Gun Hunt

My son got drawn for his first TPWD hunt at Enchanted Rock this December. I have never been on one of these drawn hunts and no idea what to expect. I have read very mixed reviews of Enchanted Rock, but it seems like last year there were great numbers.

Are their blinds there already set for us? Are some spots better then others? Will they give out that info if you call before?

I’ll be there in October for an archery hunt. If you remember reach back out and I can hopefully provide you with some insight

Comment

I went on the rifle hunt last year with my dad. We both ended up with 3 deer (basket rack, spike, and a doe).

The hunt has a new person running the hunt from the last few years. It was a great hunt. They had pop up blinds set up for us. Just needed to bring chairs and shooting stick/tripod. Most shots are under 150yards. They do pre bait the spots with a week before the hunt starts. With this being a public park that has ALOT of visitors they do take a lot of caution to make sure no blood or any sign of hunting took place on the last day of the hunt. The roads are rough they will take you out in ATVs to the blinds.

Pic from the blind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome futureagg! Wish TPWD did things like that more often!!

Comment

Very Cool! Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to it.

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
          I went on the rifle hunt last year with my dad. We both ended up with 3 deer (basket rack, spike, and a doe).

The hunt has a new person running the hunt from the last few years. It was a great hunt. They had pop up blinds set up for us. Just needed to bring chairs and shooting stick/tripod. Most shots are under 150yards. They do pre bait the spots with a week before the hunt starts. With this being a public park that has ALOT of visitors they do take a lot of caution to make sure no blood or any sign of hunting took place on the last day of the hunt. The roads are rough they will take you out in ATVs to the blinds.

Pic from the blind.

Comment

Pic from the blind.

We drew for Enchanted Rock Antlerless-Spike for 11/9 - 11/12. Sure hope the same person is running the show this year. Did you bring your own corn? I am bringing some just in case. It has to Certified Aflotoxin free I know.

Comment

I drew 11/9-11/12 antlerless/spike for this year also. Looking forward to it!

What type of exotics if any?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                I drew 11/9-11/12 antlerless/spike for this year also. Looking forward to it!

What type of exotics if any?
                A buddy said he has seen Mouflon Rams, Fallow Does, and a small herd of Aoudad. There are some nearby Ranches with exotics that escape from time to time so you could see most anything from Axis to Blackbuck to Sika. We will see what happens.

Comment

Other than going to the top of the dome, is there cell service in the park?

Comment

Should not have a problem limiting out. There are a few exotics but only in certain units.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Other than going to the top of the dome, is there cell service in the park?
                      Absolutely not! No cell service what so ever once I got outside of Fburg

Comment

Originally posted by MtnMike View Post
                        We drew for Enchanted Rock Antlerless-Spike for 11/9 - 11/12. Sure hope the same person is running the show this year. Did you bring your own corn? I am bringing some just in case. It has to Certified Aflotoxin free I know.
                        I hope it is too for you.

Yes we put a bag of corn out a day. And it was all gone the next day. They do check the corn on this hunt so make sure that it is certified.

Comment

I hope it is too for you.

Yes we put a bag of corn out a day. And it was all gone the next day. They do check the corn on this hunt so make sure that it is certified.
                          Certified corn? Never heard that one

Comment

Absolutely not! No cell service what so ever once I got outside of Fburg

Thank you for answering. I was hoping ya would. This may make a difference in whether I camp there or some place else.

Comment

Working...
                            X