Sausage Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage Recipe

Anybody got some good recipes for any casseroles or bakes (nice sized family dinners) that include sausage?

Have a bunch of link sausage ive obtained so just trying to see what I can make with it besides just grilling it, baking it in 1/4" water, etc.

I find cool stuff here all the time
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Sausage Recipe

My kids love my sausage pepper pasta. I don’t really know what it’s called.
      I cut in slices, brown in the pan, add in olive oil, cut up red and green bell peppers and onion. Add minced garlic, Season with Italian seasoning or whatever you like and then add in cooked pasta. Top with Parmesan cheese. The kids don’t eat the veggies as much but they love the flavor.

Don’t over cook the pepper, onion or garlic or else it’ll just be bland.

My wife and I add red pepper flakes to give a bit more spice. You could also do jalapeños or other pepper depending on how you like your spice level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mac n chz. Put it on the smoker even better

Comment

Jambalaya is my go to to get rid of sausage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thinly slice potatoes and sausage, couple cans of cream of cheddar, can of cream of mushroom and some velveeta. Stir it up real good and bake covered until the potatoes are soft. It’s delicious. I also use it in gumbo, cabbage and sausage, spaghetti, almost anything you put meat in you can throw in sausage. Lol

Comment

Sausage benders. One link of sausage and one slice of bread. Bend the bread around the sausage and eat.

Comment

Not a casserole or bake but gumbo/jambalaya/etoufee/beans are other options. I've. Also been putting it in Alfredo's lately, it's great with shrimp or chicken and generally feeds a lot of people easily.

Comment

Haluski (Fried Cabbage and Noodles)

1 round link of Kielbasa sausage
                  6 tablespoons butter, divided
                  2 cups onion, diced
                  1 ½ pounds green cabbage, cored and cut into bite-sized pieces
                  1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
                  ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
                  6 ounces dry No Yolks® egg noodles, any size noodle

In a medium to large skillet, over medium high heat, cook onions and sauté for 2 minutes in 2 tbs of butter. Add 2 more tablespoons butter, cabbage, salt and pepper and sausage, cover and once mixture is hot, reduce to medium and cook for ten minutes.
                  While cabbage mixture is cooking, cook No Yolks® noodles according to package direction and drain.

Once cabbage is tender, remove cover and add drained noodles.
                  Add remaining butter and cook to bring to serving temperature.
                  Season with additional salt and pepper as desired. (Lots of black pepper is traditional!)

Instead of Kielbasa I like to use a venison German sausage that I have made.

Comment

Got the hunger working big time now for link sausage. Some good recipes posted here, need to try some of them.

Comment

Working...
                    X