Please Help tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help tuning

Let me start by saying howdy to everyone. I have bought a new QAD rest and I’m having trouble tuning my bow. I am doing the walk back tuning method. I’m shooting at a vertical line starting at 20 yards. When I’m dead in at 20 yards and walked back to 40 I was shooting to the right. I then ever so slightly moved my rest to the left until I was hitting that line. Now I go back to 20 and I’m shooting to the left a little maybe 1-2” or so. I have tried starting over and same problem. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for help!!!

Is bow level? If your trusting the level to be true to the bow…. Could be the issue

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
      Is bow level? If your trusting the level to be true to the bow…. Could be the issue
      Yessir I have a level on my bow site and I made
      Sure the tape was level on my target.

Comment

I think what low fence is saying is that your sight level needs to be true to the bow. 2nd and 3rd axis sight leveling.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoof View Post
          I think what low fence is saying is that your sight level needs to be true to the bow. 2nd and 3rd axis sight leveling.
          Correct!

Most sight levels ain’t worth the hot glue that Ching Lee installed them with

Without all axis level with the bow being level, walk back is not really possible

Comment

How are you holding the bow? Make sure you're not torquing with your grip hand. Open up your hand and relax it or make a circle between your index your finger and thumb. Pull straight back with your release (back tension) as opposed to punching the trigger. If all that and your still shooting right could be an arrow spine or fletching contact issue? Hard to tell.

Comment

When you move back to 20, you need to adjust your sight to hit the line again. Then go back to 40 and repeat the process you did before fore the rest adjust. Keep repeating all until you hit the line at 20 and 40.

Your sight axes need to be true as well.

Increase the accuracy of your arrows by performing a simple walk-back tuning of your arrow rest. A slight adjustment can dramatically improve your results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get dead center on 20, walk back to 40 and shoot with bubble center, left and right. Whichever is closest will tell you which way your sight needs to be adjusted on its third axis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Also be aware that walk back tuning is HIGHLY HIGHLY dependent on 2 things: 1. you having a PERFECT windage set on your sight, and 2. you being a pretty good shooter to actually get good results. Many use it, but most are not getting what they think are out of it. Just my two cents. It was great when bows had side pressure on the arrow at launch.... not so much these days, kinda like people say left is over spined or right is under spined etc.... not a thing with a modern compound and a release. If you want to walk back tune, get your vertical set for say 30 yards. Walk back to 40+ and zero your windage, now walk up to 5 and shoot the thin line, kinda just reverse it. You can also do this at shorter ranges.

Comment

Spine

Check to ensure your arrows are the correct stiffness for the bow. If you just bought the bow and are using your old arrow setup they may be flexing too much to be able to be tuned.

Comment

Working...
                    X