Building up a 2018 F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post

An overdue update on the truck. Other than using it for its intended purposes, I haven't added much to it (I have a couple of items waiting to be installed). Yesterday, I added something completely cosmetic:

Before:

After:

I've always liked the look of the two-tone Fords, yet could not find one that checked all my boxes. After I bought this, I stopped by a local vehicle vinyl wrap shop to see what was possible. We looked through swatches and landed on this metallic grey option. I love the look!

No video for this one, since I didn't do it myself. Overall, I'm pleased with the final outcome. I'm a perfectionist, and vinyl is not as precise a craft as paint, so I have to overlook some little details.
    I like that. If you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      I like that. If you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost?
      If memory serves, it was around $275.

Comment

If memory serves, it was around $275.
        Wow! That’s a lot cheaper than paint.
        I am going to look into this.
        Thanks.

Comment

Those Raptor wheels and tires look great!

Comment

Nice truck

Comment

Awesome job and some great how to tutorials

Comment

I put almost 20k miles on the Ford over my first year with it, so it's safe to say I've been enjoying the truck. As with any vehicle, it accumulates "stuff" over time, and while I like to try to keep this in check, my rear under-seat area was filling up. I picked up this bag to get a handle (pun intended) on the growing mess, and it made a huge difference!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVbgyKE8gcE"]Ford F150 Under Seat Storage Bag for Organizing Your Interior - YouTube[/ame]

Everything else is doing well. I still love this thing, and especially with building my new workshop, it's really come in handy as a lumber hauler. Very expensive lumber, that is. :|

Comment

Funny enough, the dealership I bought it from adds trackers to all the vehicles they sell, so I'm covered there. Shhh...don't tell anyone.
                  Who has access to your (tracker) data? And how did you find out?

Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

the issue might of been fixed before 2018 im not for sure but ive been chasing this problem for weeks now. seems everything on my 2016 decided to crap the bed at 120k miles. these trucks are known to have problems with the IWE. this is the best write up ive found so far. https://www.f150forum.com/f2/4x4-iwe...g-cure-404406/ just a heads up to watch out for that noise.

Comment

I bought a boat a few weeks ago, and I'm loving it! Towing it around town, I found the front level kit I installed to clear the Raptor tires wasn't cutting it - too much squat in the rear. Solution? Install a set of lift blocks to counteract it. I love the new stance!

Before

After

I put together a how-to video, though it was a pretty simple install:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UCmDtNtBkw"]How I Installed Rear Lift Blocks on my 2018 Ford F150 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

35s the only to go

Comment

Originally posted by MattTx View Post
                          35s the only to go
                          Yessir! I'm loving them.

Comment

What fuel milage do you get with the 35s?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                              What fuel milage do you get with the 35s?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              A solid 15 around town and 16-17 highway.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Working...
                                X