Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here’s What’s for Dinner Tonight…

Pesto Peach Pheasant with White Wine and Lemon Sauce and Buratta

Used pheasant from Boerne, Stonewall peaches drizzled with Texas honey, homemade pesto and basil from my garden.

While this dish has an elegant presentation (hard to tell due to my lack of photographic and food-staging acumen) it was embarrassingly simple to prepare. Both Rooster and I enjoyed and are adding to the rotation of family favorites!
    Attached Files

Used pheasant ? Somebody traded it in ?

Comment

Can we get a recipe please?

How’s this compared to beer can pheasant?

Comment

Second on the simple recipe. Where you scare up a pheasant in Boerne?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Used pheasant ? Somebody traded it in ?
          Hah! There’s always one weisenheimer in every crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
            Second on the simple recipe. Where you scare up a pheasant in Boerne?
            I’ve already crawled into bed but will post the recipe tomorrow. We hunt pheasant, quail, chuckar, and hun at Joshua Creek Ranch just outside of Boerne, in Welfare. Love it there.

Comment

Here's the recipe:

Pesto Peach Pheasant in White Wine with Burrata

Ingredients
              1 large egg, beaten
              1/4 cup all-purpose flour or use gluten free
              1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (I used dried thyme)
              4 boneless skinless Pheasant breast cutlets (about 3/4 inch thick)
              kosher salt and black pepper
              6 tablespoons cold salted butter, cubed (see note) (I browned my butter for more flavor)
              4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
              3/4 cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc
              3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (I used 1/4 cup...I like to really taste the lemon)
              2-3 peaches, sliced (I left the skins on for color; used all but three slices)
              1 tablespoon honey
              8 ounces burrata cheese, at room temperature (I substituted fresh mozzarella)
              1/3 cup basil pesto
              1/2 cup fresh basil, torn

Instructions
              1. Preheat the broiler. Place the egg and flour in separate shallow bowls. Toss the rosemary with the flour. 

2. Season the Pheasant with salt and pepper. Dredge both sides of the Pheasant through the egg, and then through the flour, tossing to coat. Place the Pheasant on a plate.

3. In an oven safe skillet, melt together 3 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add the Pheasant and cook until the bottom side is golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Flip the Pheasant and add 3 tablespoons butter, swirling the butter around the Pheasant. Cook, basting the Pheasant in butter until the Pheasant is cooked and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes. 

4. Reduce the heat to medium low and pour in the wine and lemon juice. Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, arrange the peaches around the Pheasant. Drizzle the peaches with honey, salt and chili flakes (if desired). Broil 1 minute, until the peaches are softened.

5. Break the burrata over the peaches and Pheasant. Spoon the pesto over the entire skillet. Let sit 5 minutes to warm the cheese. Serve topped with lots of fresh basil. Enjoy!

Comment

Thank you, sounds delicious! Joshua Creek looks like a pretty nice place.

Comment

I just slobbered all over my keyboard..... DAAAAMMMM that looks delicious. I'm gonna have to check out Joshua Creek..... We do a yearly hunt like that at a place called Top Flight out of Columbus Tx.... 20 min from the house....would love to see different scenery

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                    Thank you, sounds delicious! Joshua Creek looks like a pretty nice place.
                    It's a very nice place!

And I couldn't help but notice that it's not too far from you!

Comment

awesome thanks for posting, I've got some pheasant hunts coming up and will try this. Its also great to make something this nice looking and use your own home grown or hunted ingredients.

Comment

perfect ingredients! it must be very delicious!

Comment

Looks amazing!

Comment

Looks great

Comment

Working...
                            X