Clear All

Originally posted by drt View Post
    no sir. Not at all.

Gary
    this

Comment

Originally posted by ATI View Post
      How can y'all not like to watch sports?
      I don't know, I'd rather spend my time fishing, shooting guns, chasing pigs, or basically anything that doesn't involve sitting inside.

How can y'all like sitting on the couch for hours on end?

Comment

Not at all!

Comment

Originally posted by rockyraider View Post
          Agree Glen, sports is a whole lot more than multi millionaires acting like fools and thugs on TV. Sports has been a huge part of our family's life for many years now, many of our fondest memories are of our time coaching and being a part of so many great teams over the years. For me its also about commitment to team, coach, program, hard work, grinding it out, putting in the work, going in to lift early and staying late for practice, competition, knowing how to win and lose with grace and class, etc.... Many great life lessons taught to our young'ins through sports.
          Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          I don't know, I'd rather spend my time fishing, shooting guns, chasing pigs, or basically anything that doesn't involve sitting inside.

These two sort of make up my feelings on the subject. I don't miss "watching" sports on TV, but live kid's sports, now that my grandsons are old enough to become involved in youth sports, it's a bummer. When our kids were growing up, it was select baseball, fast-pitch softball almost year round... I've never been much of a spectator... was always on the field myself...

Even when some big game is on TV, I'm the guy outside cookin' and getting ready for all that goes with the game, not inside watching it... That I will miss, but it's pretty easy to substitute some other "excuse" for TV sports and still do what I like to do... Me n the grandsons have caught a bunch of worms and have them in the fridge so we can go fishin'... got hogs coming in to the feeders at the back of the pasture... plenty to do...

If TV sports never came on, wouldn't bother me none...

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post

Its very possible to do and like them both...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Its very possible to do and like them both...

I get the feeling some people don’t realize you can hunt, fish, shoot, and watch a baseball game… In the same day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I could care less but 2 older single buddies of mine have nothing else to do except watch the Rangers and they are bored to death.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  I get the feeling some people don’t realize you can hunt, fish, shoot, and watch a baseball game… In the same day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed....I try to not let a game override an outdoor activity (see my dove hunting during the Texas/ LSU game last year)... but I have been known to or will plan my deer hunting weekend to hunt Thursday pm, Frid AM/PM and Sat am to watch a Longhorn football game at camp while I am cooking for the lease group on Sat afternoon. Now if the Horns start at 11am, I'm probably hunting Sat afternoon. It's easy to do both if you plan right.

Now if I have a big deer on camera I am chasing or had some encounters with, football can wait. Good deer come first.
                  Last edited by Smart; 04-02-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I miss sports. While its not the end of the world, I grew up with sports and enjoy watching. Sports for me are also an easy conversation starter.

I’m pretty introverted and i’m terrible at maintaining friendships and reaching out to folks. My dad, uncles, brothers and friends don’t really talk just to catch up. Sports are something we all have in common and has become our way of keeping in touch. We have a big group text that started with sports and there is always something happening to get a conversation going. I realized a few years back that when there aren’t sports going on, that group text goes silent. We usually pick it up around March Madness and then again come opening day of baseball.

I’m also the same way with hunting season. I usually only reach out to, or hear from some folks then.

Comment

yup

Comment

Not at all
                        Didn’t watch MLB till WS
                        miss ncaa basketball march madness though

Comment

Some I miss like NASCAR, some of the golf, going out to to the Ballpark and watch the Longhorns play. If you are a big sports fan you miss it if you are not you don't pretty simple.

Comment

I like to catch a a little bit of college baseball and a bit of college football but I am certainly not "missing" it. I seldom watch any pro sports at all.

Comment

I’m missing watching my boys play baseball. I do also like catching a Astros game in the evenings when I have a chance but isn’t often.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                                Absolutely. The NCAA Tournament is one of my most anticipated sporting events.
                                Same here. I love March Madness.

Am missing watching my daughter play volleyball and youngest play tball.

Saw this on Twitter:
                                Remember when they cancelled all sports 5 months ago... That was 19 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X