Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do we have any GIS professionals on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do we have any GIS professionals on here?

I need to bounce a few questions or maybe even get some help from someone that knows GIS

I have a client that has requested it but I'm not sure if it is something we can (or want to) do.

Anyone?

I guess since I don’t know what GIS is I must not be a professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I work with ArcGIS, you are welcome to pm me if you would like.

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

GIS guy here too.

Comment

Clay,

I don’t think I’ve ever posted on TBH..just mainly read so I am not allowed to send PMs yet.

Are you a landman?

I run a small brokerage out of Longview and my wife does all of my GIS work.

I would be happy to discuss what we do and how we got started with it. That might help you figure out if it’s possible for you.

Call me tomorrow 903-452-3526 and I can tell you what I know. Or tell me how I can reach you.

Jared Reynolds

Comment

I can help.

Comment

Awesome! I wasn’t expecting so many responses.

I’ll be in the field the remainder of the week but I’ll respond to PMs and reach out to you guys in the next few days.

Basically, I’m just looking for a crash course or explanation on setting up the layers and maps. Then I need to decide if we can do it in house or what the cost would be to outsource it.

I just started a free trial of ArcGIS online but it hasn’t been as straightforward as I thought it would be.

Comment

10 year GIS professional here. ArcGIS is the bread and butter when it comes to GIS software. I got my education on it and use the ESRI suite on a daily basis.

If you are looking for a free option, that can give you more resources than ArcGIS online, you might look into downloading the open sourced desktop software QGIS at qgis.org.

I used it back in the day when the company I worked for at the time couldn't afford ESRI software.

Comment

We have a GIS guy here in our office. Let me know what you need. I will PM you my number.

Comment

I clicked the thread only to find out what GIS means, and I still dont know.

Comment

Geographic
                        Information
                        System

Comment

Working...
                        X