• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post
      If you know of the wild hives why not just force them to abscond or trap them out? I've had great success many times doing both.
      Because I've never messed with bees at all before and no idea what to do. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Because I've never messed with bees at all before and no idea what to do. LOL
        You can definitely go the route you planned on but I don’t think you’ll have great success. Maybe so but not likely. Send me a pm, I’ll troubleshoot it best I can. I have a couple of threads on the subject if you search my user name.

Comment

Several hives ,we do removals lots of them, sell honey utilize the wax it’s a fun family event

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
            Sent you a PM, glad to help.
            Thanks, looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by TreeDaddy View Post
              i am in Walton . ~12 miles from Canton

I would appreciate contact info

bill
              PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by wthunter View Post
                Meanwhile, in the land of Yankees, the nanny state knows better than the people do:

https://www.inquisitr.com/1235774/mi...nd-beekeepers/
                Sounds like Michigan citizens need to take their state back. But what do you expect when you let Muslims take over the state.

Comment

We keep bees.

Last year, Twerpasaurus got a scholarship from the local beekeeping club. She got classes, some gear, a couple of boxes, and a nuc.

We lost them late summer, they swarmed on us. I went to check them on Friday, Twerpy said they were fone Saturday afternoon.

We’re gonna pick up a couple of nucs this spring.

I had intended to build swarm traps, but have run out of time. They need to be going out in the next couple weeks, and I don’t see me having time to build them.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                    PM sent
                    thank you very much

bill

Comment

Beekeeping is addictive so be forewarned

Much like planting trees and habitat management

bill

Comment

Have any of yall seen this?? I think it could help individuals get into beekeeping easier..

Flow is a revolutionary beehive invention, allowing you to harvest honey without opening the hive and with minimal disturbance to the bees.

Comment

^^^ I've heard those hives don't work like they should, and are pretty expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by haas0311 View Post
                            Have any of yall seen this?? I think it could help individuals get into beekeeping easier..

https://www.honeyflow.com/?utm_sourc...content=febCOM
                            No way that works as advertised.

Comment

We have six hives and have two nucs ordered for this spring, and are in our 4th year of beekeeping. There is definitely a learning curve of what needs to be done and when. Be persistent and don't give up! Join your counties beekeeping chapter. They have a wealth of information. Also, go to classes. Bluebonnet beekeeping offers several classes a year and will answer any questions, just call them! (it helps if you have attended their class and get to meet them, James and Cheri). We also have two other neighbors that are beekeepers, so we get together and solve problems over some adult beverages!

Comment

Here's my two cents worth for new beekeepers.... make sure the hives are in full sun! This will keep the hive beetles to a minimum. Use hive beetle jails inside the hive, between the frames. test for varroa mites on a regular basis. You can learn a lot at the Scientific beekeeper website hosted by Randy Oliver. Read, read, read...

Comment

Working...
                                X