Mustang grape wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang grape wine

Anyone ever made some homemade wine on here. I have a bunch of grape vine on my place and was thinking when they produce about making some wine. Anyon have a recipe on making it? Thank you in advance.

Check out jackkeller.net
    When I made wine I used his recipes.

Comment

Pick grapes on July 4th. Smash them and put in a crock, cover with a towel so bugs don’t get in. Don’t fill crock all the way because juice will settle and pulp will rise and float, causing overall level to rise and overflow.

Two weeks later, gently poke a hole down the side of the crock, through the pulp with a small dowel or something similar. Slide tygon tubing (1/4” or so) to the bottom of the crock and siphon through cheese clothe into a bucket. Restrain if needed. This is the hardest part. it takes time to get the hang of it. Sometimes the pulp may collapse, seeds clog the siphon etc.

Mix:
      1 part juice:2 parts WELLwater.
      2 1/2 lbs sugar for every gallon of water/juice mixture. Mix well until sugar is dissolved in a bucket.

Example: 1 gal juice/2gal water/7 1/2 lbs sugar. This will make it fairly sweet. If u want it drier, do about 2lbs sugar.

Put in a carboy with one of those P-trap plugs. Should be ready around November in time for deer season!

Good luck,

“Road Ditch Winery”

Comment

Awesome thank for the info. Hoping we will have some grapes again this year!

Comment

Made some as a kid. It was good, but not much kick. That was probably a good thing.

Comment

I used a combination of jack keller recipes and mine came out great.

Comment

havnt had such luck

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
                Pick grapes on July 4th. Smash them and put in a crock, cover with a towel so bugs don’t get in. Don’t fill crock all the way because juice will settle and pulp will rise and float, causing overall level to rise and overflow.

Two weeks later, gently poke a hole down the side of the crock, through the pulp with a small dowel or something similar. Slide tygon tubing (1/4” or so) to the bottom of the crock and siphon through cheese clothe into a bucket. Restrain if needed. This is the hardest part. it takes time to get the hang of it. Sometimes the pulp may collapse, seeds clog the siphon etc.

Mix:
                1 part juice:2 parts WELLwater.
                2 1/2 lbs sugar for every gallon of water/juice mixture. Mix well until sugar is dissolved in a bucket.

Example: 1 gal juice/2gal water/7 1/2 lbs sugar. This will make it fairly sweet. If u want it drier, do about 2lbs sugar.

Put in a carboy with one of those P-trap plugs. Should be ready around November in time for deer season!

Good luck,

“Road Ditch Winery”

You ever make it out of pears on a prickly pear. That stuff would get your attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                  You ever make it out of pears on a prickly pear. That stuff would get your attention.

Same recipe, just substituting the grapes with the tunas?

Comment

Drop your panties homemade wine:
                    5 cups of sugar
                    1 pkg fleishmans yeast
                    1 can welch's grape juice
                    1 gallon distilled water
                    Dissolve sugar, grape juice in 3/4 gallon of distilled water
                    Pour into small neck gallon jug, warm 1 cup distilled water and add yeast and stir
                    Pour yeast into gallon jug to top off up the the neck with distilled water.
                    Tape a condom over the top of jug and the yeast will activate and in 16 days your wine is ready.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
                      Same recipe, just substituting the grapes with the tunas?

Yessir.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        5 cups of sugar
                        1 pkg fleishmans yeast
                        1 gallon distilled water
                        Pour into small neck gallon jug, warm 1 cup distilled water and add yeast and stir
                        Tape a condom over the top of jug and the yeast will activate and in 16 days your wine is ready.
                        Going to try this today sir...thanks! Going to substitute with a balloon though.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                          5 cups of sugar
                          1 pkg fleishmans yeast
                          1 gallon distilled water
                          Have you ever done this and it not turn out safe? As in can you do it wrong, or can it get contaminated and go sour?

Comment

We made 40 gallons one time. 5 gal water bottles and balloons. 5lb sugar and half a bottle of grapes. Once the balloons burst or went down added another 5 lbs sugar and let ferment again. Siphon off and let stand in cool dark place until cloudy is gone and siphon off the clear. You never want to drink too much and get sick or you will puke purple for three days. Ask my son and his little running buddy. They got into our stash and missed 2 days of school. 30 years ago and he still don't like wine to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                              Going to try this today sir...thanks! Going to substitute with a balloon though.
                              Dry Trojans work best and will expand without breaking.

Comment

Working...
                              X