Chinese cheapo chainsaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese cheapo chainsaw

Is one of these eBay $80-$100 nib Chinese knock-off saws 1/2 decent or 100% stay away, every time I buy a top name brand chainsaw I use it then drain the tank and run dry, then it might be 1-2 years till I use it again and they will not start,
    and the small engine repair center is $100 per saw to get me running again
    just thinking of alternatives instead recurring expense

I wouldn't have one if they were giving them away...F China.

Comment

If the good ones won't start after 1 or 2 years, the Chinese brand won't either

Comment

I have an Echo that I only run every couple of years or so and have never had an issue with it cranking up every time I use it.

Comment

Only run trufuel and u might have better luck.

Comment

I say get and and if last a couple years you’ll be good. This gas these day’s takes a toll on small engines, its ridiculous!! Treat it a consumable.
            Last edited by Electrican; 04-02-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chootem View Post
              Only run trufuel and u might have better luck.
              Stuff burned up one of my Echo power heads. Local Echo dealer said stay away from the Trufuel pre-mixed stuff, the mixed ratios are all over the place. More people I tell this story, the more I hear of this same problem. Echo dealer said buy the non-mixed fuel and mix your own oil in.

Comment

They are what they are kinda junky but cheap.We get em if we’re cleaning fence rows or other down and dirty jobs we don’t want to muck up our good saws.They run fine but they vibrate a lot more than your name brand saws.

Comment

You may consider going with an electric saw if you are using one that infrequently.

Comment

I lm not sure why you have so much trouble out of a name brand saw. I run mine about 1 day a year and always start right up ( stihl )
                    China is communist, evil and steal everyone’s patented designs so the can **** off

Comment

Same here. I've got a Stihl I use once a year. Get done, drain it, clean it up and works great same time next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                        Stuff burned up one of my Echo power heads. Local Echo dealer said stay away from the Trufuel pre-mixed stuff, the mixed ratios are all over the place. More people I tell this story, the more I hear of this same problem. Echo dealer said buy the non-mixed fuel and mix your own oil in.
                        Maybe that is one of the problem, I use trufuel / the canned stuff they sell @ TSC ,TV , ect, it’s probably lack of use , 20 inch echo ,
                        18 populan, 16 stihl,
                        I might just try hosing out the carb with cleaning fluid and then air hose ,
                        Just tired of basically having to pay $150-200 in service fees and wait time when I
                        need them , my pole saw is electric but only 10 inch and really reliable
                        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 04-02-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          I have an Echo that I only run every couple of years or so and have never had an issue with it cranking up every time I use it.
                          Same. I have an old echo I bought in 2007 and it gets used every couple of years and cranks every time.

Comment

Mix your own fuel mix and crank everything up once a month.

Comment

I bought a 10" Ryobi 18 volt today. It compliments my Husky 20 inch and Echo 16 inch.

For running around my place cutting a few 3-5" limbs, it kicks A.

I also have the 9' pole/chainsaw (18v). Well worth the $.

Comment

Working...
                              X