No announcement yet.

Why you don’t own an AR 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single shot here.ENCORE..primary still got a old Marlin 3030 Pump 12 and a couple auto 22s from DAD

Comment

If you own guns then a AR should be part of your collection.
      Almost anyone can customize it themselves and make it a do all firearm.

Comment

I carried the M-16 four years along with at times the 12 guage and still my all time favorite .45 hunted with a 700 bdl from 1990 and never thought about picking up any AR due to price and just common lack of need for one.
        mass production and the CNC maching changed the price so I did get one in 2016 and I do like the one that here at home. with a 3x9 scope, rather fun to shot at 100 to 400 rounds WERE cheap untill about 1 year ago.
        and by the way. I was never asked the serial number of my service weapon at anytime during boot camp. it's still embeded in my brain to this day. the simple reason it was never asked? it's number, 8484848 I kid you not. it was quite funny to see the reaction on the face of the inspecting staff NCO or officer lose one tool in his bag of tricks.

Comment

The guy who co-owns the local bow shop prefers ARs for deer hunting versus a compound/cross/long/recurve bow. I reckon I should shop where he shops...for killing critters.

Maintaining form on follow up shots (especiallly for youth) is compelling for hunting critters on a semi auto rifle platform.

Comment

I have one I made in 6x45 and really want to like it but it's heavy, clunky, ugly and I find myself carrying my bolt rifles. I do plan to keep it because the man doesn't want me to have one. For the record, I do take it boating frequently so there is a chance it could be lost in a freak boating accident with my other guns.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I like them because you can build the gun that you want and for what you need. I have a 10.5" pistol in 7,62x39 that is my ranch gun. It goes every where I go either in the Mule or the truck. It has the cheapest of every thing on it, very light weight and shoots good with an old Leopold 2x7 and 45 degree slanted iron sites.. It's fallen out of the Mule several times and still shoots just like it should. Very tough little gun and perfect for me.

Comment

223 is a little on the small side for deer IMO. A 308 AR is a **** fine all around rifle.

I have one bolt action 223 and 3 AR'S.....

Comment

Very nice fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                    They are “freedom rifles” and every citizen should be issued one. You dont ever need to use it if you dont want to. The government should just know that everyone has one and that would keep them in check. I think there are enough owners out there right now that keep our govt at bay. They know they can only go so far. You dont lose your rights till YOU give them up.

There are millions of us highly trained in their use thanks to the govt. Regardless of MOS every Soldier and Marine at least qualified on a range many many times.
                    THIS! If they are not effective then why does or military issue them?

Comment

I bought a rock river heavy varmint model years ago, decked it out with a leupold 4-20 scope, dodger rings, atlas bipod. It sat in my safe for 6-7 years and I never shot it. Finally I sold it and never did shoot the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
                        It only takes one shot, and I prefer a nice bolt action or single shot. I don't like wasting ammo or plink'n. I've messed around with a few, just not very practical for me.
                        This is were I was, UNTIL I went thermal hog hunting.

I thought I was the only redneck (57yr old) in the state that didn't own one. Shot plenty of 'em in the past and they are fun but not practical. That has changed, now that you can't fine ammo and can barely find parts to piece on together. I guess now I can be part of the ammo problem ....Lotsa hogs to kill. Fun, Fun, Fun
                        Last edited by Philip-TX; 03-30-2021, 06:06 AM.

Comment

I didn't own one until the second year of the Trump administration. All the sudden I saw a need.

Comment

I think most of the attraction to the AR platform was the fact the servicemen came home and were able to obtain the civilian version of what they used while serving. Vietnam Vets got the first models with not all the bugs worked out. The Daniel Defense and the LWRC M4's of today run flawlessly. The Springfields and 1911's were popular in the 20's and 30's. Then came the Garands after WW2, more 1911's, Korea M1 carbines and more 1911's, Viet Nam to today The 1911 was replaced in 1986 by the Beretta 92 and the public ran with that also. The public likes to own and SHOULD own the same calibers as the Gov't.
                            It is late to get into the AR game solely because of the cost of ammo now. But buy yourself a finished receiver and hold it. They are fun to build, can be very accurate and you can get BIG bore cartridges into them like the .450Bushmaster to the .204 Ruger.
                            PLUS Bruce...The Gov't does not want to you to own one. So get a receiver while the gettins good. We will figure out the rest for you
                            Capeesh?

Comment

I got ya man! And for those of you that don’t know Tony beware! He can do more damage to you with a stick ball bat than any AR! In my best virtual Italian accent all I got to say is “forget about it”!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                                I got ya man! And for those of you that don’t know Tony beware! He can do more damage to you with a stick ball bat than any AR! In my best virtual Italian accent all I got to say is “forget about it”!
                                Shhh...My name is Todd now...Todd Wilkinson
                                Just get yourself a stripped lower, some mags and we will get you done.
                                I would be more than willing to donate and some here also I would bet to a Vet/retired LE AKA The Hogmauler Foundation

Comment

Working...
                                X