re frozen pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re frozen pork

during the ice storm last month, i had alot of farm raised procesed pork that the owned gave me. it all was in the vaccum bags. I know the power whent out in Tomball for some time but not just how long. days or just hours. he lives close and said that may have been just 18-20 hours. and thinks it may still be good. it's about 30 pounds of really good cuts.
    I am on the fence about keeping it or use it for bait if I ever hunt this year.
    Anyone know the answer?
    Bryan

I never opened my freezer during the outage. All my venison is fine. I’d expect the same for your pork.

Comment

Should be fine and plenty of people would eat it if you won't, give it away before bait IMO

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

My freezer never thawed out in 4 days without power, it was all still frozen.

Comment

If it was in a freezer and the door remained closed, you are good to go.

Comment

good to go imo...

Comment

Hell, if it was in a freezer, no electricity and no heat, it was probably colder outside the dang freezer than it was inside it!

Comment

looks like I am going to have a great time in the next 4 weekends!
                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X