? Home heat is working- outside fan isn’t

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
    Was told by EllisCoHog (our resident hvac guy here) to just switch it.
    This avoid trouble and switch to emergency heat

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
      Ours did that too. Switched to emergency heat and it started blowing cold air.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Emergency heat is strip heat shuts off the pump outside and runs strip heat

It sometimes is only a 5kw strip which will put out minimum heat

Comment

I just talked to my AC/heat guy and he said to turn it to em or auxiliary heat also why the weather is like this. He said it will keep kicking on and off outside without helping much. As someone else mentioned earlier he did say the auxiliary would turn on automatically but it’s better switching it yourself until the weather is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkins View Post
          Ours did that too. Switched to emergency heat and it started blowing cold air.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
          Mine blows extremely hot air on emergency heat. Something is up with your system.

Comment

We are in Em heat mode. I turned mine there on Sunday. However, now if I try to put into regular heat mode, I
            Hear the motor kick on, but the blades won’t spin. They do spin freely though, but the motor won’t turn them. There is still quite a bit of snow down in there unit. I’m just leaving in Em Heat mode until thinks start to thaw. Just curious why the blades spin freely but won’t turn in when the unit kicks on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My heat pump has worked good up until today. Was running but a lot louder than usual. A/C guy replaced the capacitor on the outside unit and all is good now. Good luck everyone. Two more days and maybe we will be out of this mess. Sure hope ERCOT comes up with some solutions to this crap! No telling how many busted water pipes across Texas when it thaws out.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                I have heard from numerous HVAC guys that you should never turn your heat pump to Auxiliary only. They say it's hard on the system. Especially when you are talking about doing it for multiple days in a row. If the heat pump fails, the Aux heat will come on anyways as it is needed. Only switch to Aux heat or "emergency heat" in a true emergency where the outside unit does not work at all.

Before you touch that Emergency Heat setting on your thermostat, read this! The Emergency Heat or Auxiliary Heat setting is the second stage of your heating system that is used when the temperature is too low for the heat pump to be able to remove heat from outside, typically below…

https://www.hvac.com/blog/hvac-qa-wh...ating-setting/
                Careful what you read online. Your em heat is nothing more than a standard everyday straight electric heat system. So in other words if you don’t have a heat pump or gas, you have a basic straight electric heat, exact same as the em heat function on a heat pump

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  Mine blows extremely hot air on emergency heat. Something is up with your system.
                  Not enough kw in your electric heat

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    Uhhh....what about carbon monoxide?????
                    Big buddies have a safety cutoff plus we have CO detectors

Comment

Working...
                    X