No announcement yet.

I hate wasps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep a can of spectracide pro in the truck. 47,000 dielectric volts kills them dead with extreme prejudice.

Comment

Back when I was a kid in the 80's. We were stripping cotton and I was riding the trailer, my Uncle was driving. We hit a nest of bumble bee's in the cotton field and they went thru the cotton stripper. Needless to say they were ****** after going thru a cotton stripper at about 100 mph and they shot out into the trailer with me about three of them hit me in the upper leg near the crotch. I dropped my pants because a couple of them stuck to my blue jeans and I could not get them off. I got my Uncles attention to stop by using the pitch fork to bang on the stripper. He gave me his Beechnut chew to put on it. The stings never swelled up all the did was itch a few days, but let me tell you the initial sting hurt like hell.

Comment

I'll offer this to those that want it. Early each Spring, I mix up a solution of Permethrin SFR in a pump sprayer and go around the house, garage, and shed spraying this in all the normal nesting places. I also spray inside the garage and a tractor shed as they love these too. I don't have any nests being built, other than mud daubers, and even those are greatly reduced.

Living in the woods and with neighbors, I still get a few red scouts flying in every now and then, but I go after those with a spray bottle of lemon flavored dish soap in water mix (heavy with the soap). Love seeing those sumbucks die. It gives an old man some fun things to do too!

Comment

Try one on at 75 mph and it goes under your sunglasses. This was in 75 in the desert on a motorcycle. Never did find the glasses.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
            I keep a can of spectracide pro in the truck. 47,000 dielectric volts kills them dead with extreme prejudice.
            You serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin4D View Post
              You serious?
              It's just wasp spray, but good stuff, 47000 volts or some nonsense is how they advertise it. You can spray a nest covered in them, half will fall off dead, the others die and don't even fall off. I keep a can handy in case the stinging bastages need killing. Most other sprays I've tried just tick them off.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                It's just wasp spray, but good stuff, 47000 volts or some nonsense is how they advertise it. You can spray a nest covered in them, half will fall off dead, the others die and don't even fall off. I keep a can handy in case the stinging bastages need killing. Most other sprays I've tried just tick them off.
                I think you are misinterpreting the "advertisement".

This isn’t a 100% accurate example but to simplify it, Imagine you are a lineman and you need to spray wasps up on a pole of a (ex. 46,000) volt circuit that you want to work on. This is the can of spray that you might pick up to use, because the content has a dielectric strength of 47,000 volts.
                Last edited by Runnin4D; 06-30-2020, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                  This is the best wasp killer made and its cheap.. And it has a decent range..

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b.../4600011?pos=0

I tried this today. Spray this on wasps and call in the funeral director. It's church. Works just as well as the Spectracide of which i'm a huge proponent.

Comment

gasoline from a dixie cup roasts them

Comment

I get nailed by those red devils every time I"m at the lease it seems. Back of my head, above my ear, my hand....The time I got nailed on the back of my head I was pulling down the door to a bobtail trailer we have on the lease. I went to lock it and the back of my head felt like it was on fire, and quick! The back of my head and neck swole up and I had a hard time moving my head for several days.

I carry about 3 cans of wasp killer in the mule and always look around the camp house and outbuildings/deer stands for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X