San Antonio eats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
    They opened another one on north Nacogdoches in Bracken. A much better hood!
    Hail yes!

Comment

Our family loves Ray’s Drive In for puffy tacos.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
        They opened another one on north Nacogdoches in Bracken. A much better hood!

I thought that place sucked, very salty, i live next to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagging this for later

Comment

All good suggestions on here.

I don't go downtown much but if you escape that scene and take the lil lady up to la cantera or the rim to shop and such my favorites are:

Palenque grill, picknickins, taco tote, and for a local deep track check out nama ramen

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
              Pollos asados is excellent food, but understand the East side of San Antonio ain’t the best hood.
              You are absolutely correct...stay out of my "hood". I live 2 blocks-away from pollos asados btw. Been here for 23 years never had a problem. Most people fear areas they dont understand. I've had more trouble at the Rim at Bass Pro and the Quarry with break ins than in "the hood"
              Last edited by Marco; 06-04-2019, 08:35 PM.

Comment

Original Blanco Cafe
                La Fogata
                La Fonda on Main

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So far.....we're stopping @ Antlers Café on the way in Friday for a CFS lunch, going to Sternewirth @ the Emma for drinks Friday evening (yet undecided about dinner).

Saturday: Pete's Tako House for breakfast, La Margarita or La Fonda for lunch, reservations @ Bohanan's for dinner

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    I've had more trouble at the Rim at Bass Pro and the Quarry with break ins than in "the hood"
                    Lol because the hoodlums are targeting the "rich folks" at the Rim/Quarry. Kind of like going to the nicer neighborhoods for trick-or-treating.
                    Last edited by BlackHogDown; 06-05-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coy-ote View Post
                      Original Blanco cafe on Blanco & W Elsmere ,best Tex-mex in San Antonio like the others said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      This... I would eat there 2-4 times/week back when I worked downtown.

And Moses Rose's Hideout is the best burger in San Antonio (live music weekends too) 516 East Houston St

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
                        So far.....we're stopping @ Antlers Café on the way in Friday for a CFS lunch, going to Sternewirth @ the Emma for drinks Friday evening (yet undecided about dinner).

Saturday: Pete's Tako House for breakfast, La Margarita or La Fonda for lunch, reservations @ Bohanan's for dinner

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys.
                        good choice

Comment

Stayed in same Hotel a couple years ago for anniversary. There are plenty of good Mexican restaurants already mentioned but for lunch you have to go check out the Zinc Bistro and Wine Bar. Awesome food and place!!!! Go there every time I make it to SA. Let us know what you think if you go.

Comment

Bohanans for great steak. You can walk to it from your hotel. Best steakhouse in San Antonio IMO
                            This...try the bone in filet and thank me later.

Comment

Blanco Cafe, La Fonda and Casa Rio are are comparable and excellant.

For tacos it's hard to beat Taquitos West. Hard to believe more don't mention it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

For steak and ambiance on an anniversary I'd go to The Little Rhein Steakhouse
                                after dark and eat outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X