How many 3-gun shooters are there here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many 3-gun shooters are there here

I’m new to 3-gun and have only shot one match at ETTS. It is a lot of fun but several learning curves. Interested in having discussions with others.

Learn to load the shotgun.

Comment

I have just started gearing up to. Currently I am stalled trying to decide what shotgun to run.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
        I have just started gearing up to. Currently I am stalled trying to decide what shotgun to run.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Just go ahead and buy an M2. You’ll be glad in the long run.

OP, don’t get too caught up in buying the latest and greatest gear/gun/optic etc. Buy good stuff, but realize that changing equipment every three months isn’t going to win matches. Practice will.

Comment

Lol, I do 30 minutes of quad loading on timer everyday. I have to go support hand because of arthritis in my strong hand.

Comment

Shotgun loading is absolutely the hardest part so far.

Comment

Love me some 3-gun! Unfortunately matches are getting scarce where I live so I've been shooting more USPSA pistol matches lately. I've been shooting matches for about 3 years now and I wish I would have known about the sport sooner. If you like to read pick up a book titled "With winning in mind". I cant remember the author right now but it's all about prepping your mental game during a match. It helped my shooting a bunch.
              Last edited by bloodtrail18; 07-18-2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                Shotgun loading is absolutely the hardest part so far.
                This is the one gear thing I would recommend (assuming your shotgun works):

Make sure there aren’t pieces of forearm that your hands or second set of shells are hitting. A good port job makes a lot of difference... assuming your shotgun runs.

I know it’s dated, but learning how to drop deuces will help a lot.

Comment

Shooting a Benelli M2. It has been ported, but not as open as a Taran. It’s also the learning curve from the actions after running dry during a stage. I can chamber the match saver pretty quick. But oh them quads. Thanks for the info on the book, I’ll check it out.

Comment

I’m guessing you have welded/replaced the lifter?

Comment

Yes, it was already done when we bought it.

Comment

Going on 3 years now. Love it. Shoot every Friday at TDSA in Ferris, unless I have other plans. I also try to shoot ETTS and TDSA every month at least. Welcome to join me on fridays if your interested. I've got enough steel to set up just about anything you can think of, including a Texas star and dueling trees.

Comment

I just got my yearly membership at ETTS yesterday. I guess I’ll see you there sometime!

Comment

Working...
                          X