ASF Feeder Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASF Feeder Problems

Filled my feeder on August 29. Came to check it today and it was empty. Checked the camera cards and it appears that the spinner dumped all the corn at one time on August 31. Battery is still charged and everything seems to be in working order. I wouldn't have even known it happened if it weren't for the camera. Thoughts? It is connected to a solar panel and normal 12V battery and I think the timer might be a WG digital.

We had that happen with one of ours. The circuit that turns it off at the end of the 5 seconds or whatever had gone bad. Ours spun out 300 lbs of corn and kept spinning for days until the battery died - the solar charger could not keep up forever. Sounds like yours finally turned off if the battery is still good.

Comment

Originally posted by 12thman View Post
      Filled my feeder on August 29. Came to check it today and it was empty. Checked the camera cards and it appears that the spinner dumped all the corn at one time on August 31. Battery is still charged and everything seems to be in working order. I wouldn't have even known it happened if it weren't for the camera. Thoughts? It is connected to a solar panel and normal 12V battery and I think the timer might be a WG digital.

Id guess WG timer

Comment

I know “The Timer” had this issue a while back. Maybe you feeder has one of those bad timers.

Comment

Sounds like WGTimer issue.

Comment

Why would you replace the timer the feeder came with and why with a pos WGI? That is the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
              Why would you replace the timer the feeder came with and why with a pos WGI? That is the issue.

ASF feeders have been around a long time. Prob went bad.

Now why he went with WGI?.. that’s a great question[emoji41]

Comment

It was an adopted feeder passed down on the lease. It is actually a monarch timer board. Not sure why it was replaced from the original.

Comment

On two occasions, I've had a feeder spin 1,000 pounds of corn out. Those game cam pics were depressing to watch that money wasted pile up. My issue was the timer each time.

Comment

I've pulled the uint and will get a new set-up likely with the Timer to make sure it is working properly. Loss of corn is bad but loss of a month of feeding is worse.

Comment

Have had this issue with the timer a few times. They replaced it and sent some free solar panels for my trouble. We all use them still but yea i was really mad with them gaining time and also turning on and not turning off. Hopefully its still running good now. Hate showing up and my feeder goes off an hour early.

Comment

Working...
                      X