Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replace IR lens in Browning Strike Force camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replace IR lens in Browning Strike Force camera?

Not to be too old manish, but i have a camera that recently had the IR lens damaged. Not sure what happened. It still takes pictures, but they're fuzzy. Is this lens something that can be replaced? I'm going to contact the folks at Browning. Just wondering if anyone dealt with this previously. Thanks.
    Attached Files

In. I have 2 that the same plastic piece has gotten brittle and broken...

Comment

woodpeckers like taking out the lense that covers the IR. I believe most of the cam manufactures sell a lense so people can replace them. Pics being blurry will be something else. Maybe the woody woodpecker pecked on the cam lense as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        woodpeckers like taking out the lense that covers the IR. I believe most of the cam manufactures sell a lense so people can replace them. Pics being blurry will be something else. Maybe the woody woodpecker pecked on the cam lense as well.
        Yes, i just thought about that. Will have to check further.

Comment

I've replaced the PIR lens on two of my Strikeforce cameras (woodpeckers got one and the other got a hairline crack in it). It's easy to replace and they send instructions. Here is the link for info on ordering parts from Browning - https://browningtrailcameras.zendesk...Ordering-Parts

My Strikeforce BTC-5 continued to take clear pictures after a woodpecker put a hole in the PIR lens. Your fuzzy pictures may be due to something else going on.
          Attached Files

Comment

Awesome. Thanks.

Comment

Wow I didn’t know you could buy browning parts. I’ve replaced about 5 with parts from a company that sells stuff to make your own camera. It sucks but they have been working for years with the replacement. Dang woodpeckers

Comment

How did your repair go, Mike?

Comment

It's an older post and the link did not work. I have a few that need that cover replaced

Comment

Lens replacement went well. The hardest part is getting the little rubber plugs out of the screw holes on the back of the unit. I used a very small drill bit and basically made a pilot hole in the plugs, then pulled them out with a hook made from a small paper clip. I just taped back over the screw holes with foil tape.

My cameras had a few more internal screws than the YouTube video showed. But just remove the internal screws and pop the old lens out, put the new one in, and reverse process. Not that i know what i'm doing, i could probably do one in less than 15 minutes.

It's relatively easy to do.

you will need a really small phillips head screw driver.
                    Last edited by mikemorvan; 12-12-2019, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I did this a few months ago. It was really simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Use a small screw to remove the silicone plugs. You can screw them in then pull them straight out.

Comment

I tried to order one and they were out and said they would contact me when they had some in stock---still waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                            I tried to order one and they were out and said they would contact me when they had some in stock---still waiting.
                            Have you gotten your lens yet? I have the Recon Force BTC-7FHD-PX and it says that they don't have any in stock on the browning website.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                              Wow I didn’t know you could buy browning parts. I’ve replaced about 5 with parts from a company that sells stuff to make your own camera. It sucks but they have been working for years with the replacement. Dang woodpeckers
                              Do you remember the website that you bought the PIR Lenses from? TIA

Comment

Working...
                              X