No announcement yet.

How far is your walk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a cool story. Would probably benefit all of us a bit haha. Also get in touch with nature a bit more

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
    Reading this makes me remember way back to when my dad would park our station wagon at the trailer and we would walk about two miles, one way, to our hunting areas. He did not believe in running a vehicle through our hunting area. I would definitely be in better shape if I did that now. I now park about 200 yards from most of my stands. He also believed in using skunk scent as a cover scent.

Comment

Using my distance measure app, looks like it’s close to 500 yards to a couple of my furthest bow stands. That’s measuring from my pillow I’m laying on now. [emoji2957]

Comment

Really depends on the stand and wind direction. Some places it’s a couple hundred yards and some a little over 1/2 mile. I’d rather drive the gator up to 50 yards and walk in, but it just wouldn’t work out to my favor. I don’t however walk in to check cams. Always ride the gator to do that. They know what it is and know I’m never there long that way.

Comment

I’m gonna start sitting on the deck of my cabin. Saw more deer from the deck than I did sitting in the stand.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
            1/4 mile. Guess I'm old fashion. Also without a light.
            x2 here

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

20 yds... hunting suppose to be fun and relaxing

Comment

Drive 1/2 mile ..... walk 1/4 mile.

Comment

Anywhere from 200 yrd to almost a mile depending on which stand I go to.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    400-600 yards depending on which blind. No light down rocky roads. It gets interesting on new moon.
                    This^^^ I'm bowhunting (if that's still allowed on this sight) Relax, I'm kidding.

I walk a high ridge then drop off into the bottom within 75 yds, slip up on the backside of my tree (huge cottonwood) and never walk past my feeder during approach. Whoops, just gave away my secrete, super duper, previously, unknown and undisclosed method for killing big deer. Crap. Whitetail are doomed.

Comment

it's 250 to 400 yards to most of my bow stands. depending on the wind and feeding patterns and time of day that changes. evening hunts I usually just walk straight in about 2 hours before sunset, morning hunts I'll walk the county rd around the property line up to a 1/2 mile to avoid bumping them in the dark.

Comment

Used to be 300 to 400 yards yards but now it’s 15 yards or less.

I’ve learned that closer to blind is better if I’m taking a 4 wheeler or sxs. I now cut a spot in the brush close to the blind to park is better than parking a few hundred yards away.

Bow hunting I still walk about 75 to 100 yards for one spot or I get dropped off for the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

300 to one set and a little over 500 to another.

Comment

Could be 0 if I’m dropped off could be 75 yards if I drive

Comment

508 yards to one stand and 437 to the other. About half of each is through fairly thick oaks. And yes, I have been gotten crossed-up and then spitting mad after making a wrong turn and having to back track to a "way point" to pick up the trail. Fortunately, I am on top of a plateau, so the ground is fairly level.

cricman

Comment

Not sure how far it is, but one tripod is a 10 minute walk and the other one takes me 17 minutes to walk to.

Comment

Working...
                                X