Woodpeckers and game cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodpeckers and game cameras

These things are not fun to deal with. Do yall have any suggestions on how to keep them from pecking out the lenses on your cameras?

Think we have gone through about 5-10 lenses now and its getting annoying.

Scott

bump

Comment

I have the same problem with red Cardinals. No fix they always pick out the infrared lens, called wildinvasions no answers.

Comment

Don’t have a way to stop them, but I did find a fix.

I bought a glass phone screen protector off of Amazon. Cleaned off the broken glass, and glued a piece of the screen protector glass back in. Worked like a charm. The only thing I had problems with, was I couldn’t figure out a way to cut the glass. After breaking it, I just found a piece that would fit over the hole, and glued it in.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
          Don’t have a way to stop them, but I did find a fix.

I bought a glass phone screen protector off of Amazon. Cleaned off the broken glass, and glued a piece of the screen protector glass back in. Worked like a charm. The only thing I had problems with, was I couldn’t figure out a way to cut the glass. After breaking it, I just found a piece that would fit over the hole, and glued it in.

Bisch

Good idea. I think I know how to cut it. I’ll post results Monday.

Comment

Fake snake hanging next to the camera. They put a hurting on our cameras.... we shoot the heck our of them.

Comment

I am always getting woodpeckers pounding on the top of the feeders like a air hammer rat tat tatting...Phone glass great idea for protecting lens. Thanks Bisch!

Comment

I know how I would have done it when I was a kid! The same way you kept mockingbirds out of the peach trees.��

Comment

May try suet cakes placed close by camera. I have used mealworm,, and natural nuts with good success.

Comment

I ended up putting a cage around mine

Comment

Don't mount cameras on trees helps. We learned to use T-posts or anything metal to mount the cameras to. Peckerwoods are not attracted to metal posts like they are to wood or tree trunks. Also helps keep coons off them too and smearing the lens with muddy crap.

Comment

I bought a tpost mate from Gunnyart on here and I quit having problems with the woodpeckers. I went through 3 cameras before I did this and now have gone 2 seasons without any issues

Comment

His camera is on a tee post with a Tee mate, lol.

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                          Don't mount cameras on trees helps. We learned to use T-posts or anything metal to mount the cameras to. Peckerwoods are not attracted to metal posts like they are to wood or tree trunks. Also helps keep coons off them too and smearing the lens with muddy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                            His camera is on a tee post with a Tee mate, lol.
                            I also have the T-Shade that mounts to the T-Mate and I have many customers who have seen it work to keep the woodpeckers from destroying their cameras.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	9CA172E1-201A-4BBB-A3AE-5A4B30D0AE19.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24592246

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                              I also have the T-Shade that mounts to the T-Mate and I have many customers who have seen it work to keep the woodpeckers from destroying their cameras.
                              [ATTACH]972276[/ATTACH]
                              I forgot to put I have the tshade model.

Comment

Working...
                              X