No announcement yet.

Somerville PHL 18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We found a tree stand two years ago during the off-season while scouting. It was old and rusted and had grown into the tree so it obviously had been there for a long time. We set up some cameras around that area and for two years we never saw a single person in the area. We never hunted that stand but it's still there. Would it be unethical if I decided to hunt that stand this season?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by greenmonstah View Post
      We found a tree stand two years ago during the off-season while scouting. It was old and rusted and had grown into the tree so it obviously had been there for a long time. We set up some cameras around that area and for two years we never saw a single person in the area. We never hunted that stand but it's still there. Would it be unethical if I decided to hunt that stand this season?

I dont think so- there numerous of abandon stands out there. If you see sign of the owner being there then id say different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Based on the information you provided, I think you are fine. My understanding is that this area was very popular among older local guys, who might not be physically capable of hunting or removing their stands anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickybobby8 View Post
          "I'll ruin your hunt"
          "I will leave you up a tree"
          "Who says person that gets their first"...that's common public land manners. Literally everyone who is decent knows this unwritten rule.

This person is the type of person who ruins public land hunting and gives others bad names.
          Before last yr I would 100% agree with you but after having 2 cameras stolen a stand and 3 bow hangers and ropes stole if I find in my.stand or around my area or if I find something missing YOU will be the one i blame and we will go from there..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Its times like this in wish they still held there annual public land meetings for Somerville....

Comment

I don't know why I just paid attention to this but archery season is starting on a Sunday? Has it always been on a Sunday?

Comment

I don't know why I just paid attention to this but archery season is starting on a Sunday? Has it always been on a Sunday?

Wth?!?!?! And no its always been a saturday!!!!

Comment

That's what I thought.

Comment

Sorry guys, the 2018 schedule is still on the website and it does start on Saturday.

Comment

Today was my first day scouting Somerville this summer. I was a little disappointed in the amount of deer sign I saw. I hope the flooding didn’t have a big negative effect on the deer population there. I saw a group of 5 does and only one water snake. Creeks still have plenty of water in them. I’m really going to scout hard this year....hopefully it doesn’t flood again this year and we can kill some deer!

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug1076 View Post
                        Today was my first day scouting Somerville this summer. I was a little disappointed in the amount of deer sign I saw. I hope the flooding didn’t have a big negative effect on the deer population there. I saw a group of 5 does and only one water snake. Creeks still have plenty of water in them. I’m really going to scout hard this year....hopefully it doesn’t flood again this year and we can kill some deer!
                        Gone the last 2 weekends ran cams between ragweed taking.over all over again and 14 days no pics Its gonna be a hard season

Comment

Originally posted by GD47 View Post
                          Gone the last 2 weekends ran cams between ragweed taking.over all over again and 14 days no pics Its gonna be a hard season

I agree 100% with you, it’s looking like a tough season ahead. I’m not sure what the impact of the flooding and now extreme dryness will be on the acorns and other deer vegetation. I’ll definitely be out there the next several weekends scouting, even with the disappointing deer sign.....I’m still getting excited about another deer season coming soon!

Comment

I agree 100% with you, it’s looking like a tough season ahead. I’m not sure what the impact of the flooding and now extreme dryness will be on the acorns and other deer vegetation. I’ll definitely be out there the next several weekends scouting, even with the disappointing deer sign.....I’m still getting excited about another deer season coming soon!
                            Ill be out there tomorrow to change sd cards hoping week 3 changes the 0 pic by this time last season I had all the deer pics I needed to justify "my"(cant be claimed) area

Comment

New Regs for Somerville PHL. More doe days, no more season for hogs and baiting for them was extened.

Comment

What unit were you scouting?

Comment

Working...
                                X