Rattlesnakes and Dogs - treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattlesnakes and Dogs - treatments

Obviously, the best treatment is prevention, but what happens if they get bit?

Podcasts – Dr. Dale on Quail
    Nothing can ruin a quail hunt like a snakebit bird dog, and warm weather during early-season hunts increases the odds and risks of encountering rattlesnakes while afield. To learn how to handle such encounters, join us for this month’s episode of our Dr. Dale on Quail podcast for an interview with Dr. Bud E. Alldredge, Jr. DVM of Sweetwater. Given his tenure (51 years of practicing) and his location (Sweetwater, long-time home of the world’s largest rattlesnake round-up), Dr. Alldredge has treated hundreds of snakebitten dogs. Click the button below to hear what Dr. Alldredge has learned and what to do if you run into a rattler this season.

Podcasts – Dr. Dale on Quail Nothing can ruin a quail hunt like a snakebit bird dog, and warm weather during early-season hunts increases the odds and risks of encountering...

Great post thanks.

Comment

Doc Bud is a good Dude and one heck of a vet!

Comment

Bump for those who missed this.

Comment

That was a great and informative podcast as are most all of Dr. Dale’s. Shoot, I think they even talked me into one of those quail license plates! Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My 4th of July weekend got ruined this year when my Blue Lacy got bit. She’s doing fine now.

Comment

I’ve got the worlds dumbest heeler/Aussie cross, who got hit by a BIG western DB some years ago on the foot. He lost all the hide on the inside of his leg from his foot up to his chest, and barely lived. Months of laser treatments later, he made it. The swelling in that foot messed it up pretty good, still hurts him sometimes.

I’ll guarantee you he heard that snake rattle, because a locust chattering in the trees sends him running for the porch to this day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, Dale, that's sad and funny at the same time!

Comment

Love Dr. Dale's podcast

The steroids are a winner if you can get them... Several South Texas hound guys also swear by it in South Texas.

I vaccinate for them... Cheap insurance

Comment

Working...
                  X