No announcement yet.

The 2020 Thermal & Night Vision Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is our full field review of the The Pulsar Thermion XG50 3-12x thermal rifle scope.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClqNAtz8Glc&t"]Ep. 123 | Pulsar Thermion XG50 **REVIEW** - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      I just got my first Bering units in and Hans and I in the early stages of testing. We met with Bering in January at SHOT but held off jumping on the Hogster because we wanted to let the market test the scope and Bering's customer service. We felt the potential lost sales over 9 months was worth the alternative of finding out we weren't long term pleased with the scopes or Bering's service. The good news is, the market has spoken and people are pleased on all fronts and I've got a buddy that's a dealer and he's been selling and using their scopes for a few months and he's been over all very happy as well.

We are waiting for more Hogsters to hit our warehouse because like everyone else this year, Bering can't get enough supply to meet the demand. We hope to have them in stock soon. Hans and I will be field testing them and letting you know our opinions very soon.

I’m excited for this review. I’m really looking at one of the 35mm.

Do you know what your price will be on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by futureagg View Post
        I’m excited for this review. I’m really looking at one of the 35mm.

Do you know what your price will be on them?
        The 2x 35mm is $2,675 and the 1.4x 25mm is $2,295. I was out last night with them and I really like them both. I think for guys shooting mostly under 100-125 yards the 25mm is a bargain.

More details coming soon. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call me if you'd like to talk or order one.

(877)350-1818

Jason

Comment

Thank you sir, glad you enjoyed it.

Pulsar is sending us and another dealer their first small shipment of Axion XQ38's (not the LRF) to begin testing. I should get them sometime next week. They said they do not have a firm ETA on the LRF's yet but the factory is still saying October. The LRF pre-order list is growing quickly, people are very excited about the LRF option on an affordable handheld unit.

I'm not saying this won't be coming down the line but I was on the phone with N-Vision 2 different times today and they told me there is no internal video recording unit being field tested and there is no internal video recording unit coming in November. They said the confusion could be with the newly announced Nox unit that is coming in November that is helmet and rifle mountable and it will not have internal video recording.

Not at all saying you're lying because they could be lying to me but they said I could come post here with this corrected info. Again, I don't have any secret knowledge, they might be working on something for the future, but they said this info was incorrect.

Jason
          I trust you. My info came from from a guy who I buy my scopes from who told me to hold off on the XG. I am curious now to find out.

Trijicon and Nvision you would think would/should have something similar out this year. Maybe not tho

Comment

What is the current standing of the Sightmark Wraith? Owner reviews, availability, etc.
            Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
              What is the current standing of the Sightmark Wraith? Owner reviews, availability, etc.
              Thanks.
              I like mine. I upgraded the IR light to a Sniper Hog Light and it's an awesome scope for the money. I just wish it recorded audio. And it's heavy. That's the only complaints.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

How about Wraith feedback on the 2-16 vs 4-32? It shows field of view is 4 degrees on both units but I’m assuming at 2x you can see slightly more. I can’t imagine needing to zoom to 32X for a 150 yard shot, but then again I’ve never shot with one.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  How about Wraith feedback on the 2-16 vs 4-32? It shows field of view is 4 degrees on both units but I’m assuming at 2x you can see slightly more. I can’t imagine needing to zoom to 32X for a 150 yard shot, but then again I’ve never shot with one.

@Outdoor Legacy website says both have 4 degree FOV or 21ft @ 100 yds.

I looked on Sightmark Website @ the 2-16 its FOV is 4 degrees or 42 Feet @ 100 yds.
                  Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x28 Digital Day/Night Riflescope has ultimate clarity with an 850nm IR Illuminator and 1920x1080 CMOS sensor.

The 4-32 is 21 feet @ 100 yds.
                  See the future in high definition with the new Sightmark Wraith 4-32x50mm Digital Riflescope. Hunt with an advanced 1920x1080 HD sensor, providing full-color clarity in daytime; simply hit the left arrow to switch to night mode – with classic emerald or black and white viewing options.

Sorry it's nots first hand Info. Hope it still helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                    @Outdoor Legacy website says both have 4 degree FOV or 21ft @ 100 yds.

I looked on Sightmark Website @ the 2-16 its FOV is 4 degrees or 42 Feet @ 100 yds.
                    Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x28 Digital Day/Night Riflescope has ultimate clarity with an 850nm IR Illuminator and 1920x1080 CMOS sensor.

The 4-32 is 21 feet @ 100 yds.
                    See the future in high definition with the new Sightmark Wraith 4-32x50mm Digital Riflescope. Hunt with an advanced 1920x1080 HD sensor, providing full-color clarity in daytime; simply hit the left arrow to switch to night mode – with classic emerald or black and white viewing options.

Sorry it's nots first hand Info. Hope it still helps.
                    Thanks, must be a misprint on the Outdoor Legacy sight. It makes sense (to me anyway) that you get twice the FOV at half the magnification.

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                      I trust you. My info came from from a guy who I buy my scopes from who told me to hold off on the XG. I am curious now to find out.

Trijicon and Nvision you would think would/should have something similar out this year. Maybe not tho

Hey you could definitely be right. I'm just repeating what N-Vision told me too.....could be smoke and mirrors.lol There is no way they are going to take this laying down, N-Vision is too competitive and too good of a company for that. Trijicon on the other hand? I doubt they even know the XG exists yet.lol

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                        Thanks.
                        They are awesome scopes and the best selling digital NV optics to ever hit the market. Their popularity is off the charts and for $499, they're a bargain by most people's standards.

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                        Originally Sightmark showed the FOV being the same on both units and that's the info they gave us so our website was wrong and we didn't remember to change it when we got the updated info. Thanks for catching that Pushbutton!

That is correct, 2x is 42ft at 100 yards and the 4x is 21ft at 100 yards according to the new specs. I've been using the 2x for several weeks and it's awesome. It will by my personal choice of Wraiths and I think for most hog hunters it is by far the best choice. The FOV is amazing and the low mag is really what you need for shooting under 100 yards. Feeder hunting, spot and stalk....the 2x is far superior for that. It's the same price as the 4x and you can get about 175 yards out of it with the stock IR. If you upgrade to something like a Sniper Hog Light with the new 850nm LED they came up with, you can get 400+ yards out of it.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Jason

Comment

Hey you could definitely be right. I'm just repeating what N-Vision told me too.....could be smoke and mirrors.lol There is no way they are going to take this laying down, N-Vision is too competitive and too good of a company for that. Trijicon on the other hand? I doubt they even know the XG exists yet.lol

Jason
                          Very well said and true!

Trijicon scopes are built like a tank. I wish they would come out with something new.

Comment

They are awesome scopes and the best selling digital NV optics to ever hit the market. Their popularity is off the charts and for $499, they're a bargain by most people's standards.

Originally Sightmark showed the FOV being the same on both units and that's the info they gave us so our website was wrong and we didn't remember to change it when we got the updated info. Thanks for catching that Pushbutton!

That is correct, 2x is 42ft at 100 yards and the 4x is 21ft at 100 yards according to the new specs. I've been using the 2x for several weeks and it's awesome. It will by my personal choice of Wraiths and I think for most hog hunters it is by far the best choice. The FOV is amazing and the low mag is really what you need for shooting under 100 yards. Feeder hunting, spot and stalk....the 2x is far superior for that. It's the same price as the 4x and you can get about 175 yards out of it with the stock IR. If you upgrade to something like a Sniper Hog Light with the new 850nm LED they came up with, you can get 400+ yards out of it.

We take the confusion out of night vision and thermal optics. We've helped thousands of customers find the optic that is right for their specific situation. At Outdoor Legacy we pride ourselves on offering honest, unbiased pre-purchase advice and customer service after the sale. Have questions? Call us (877)350-1818

Jason
                            Thanks for the info! My “add to cart” finger is twitching!

Comment

Jason
                              That’s good to hear. I kept my Wraith for the better part of 3 days simply due to the 4X mag and almost non existent FOV. It was a great optic other than that.

Comment

The 4x is too much magnification for me but that was all that was available at the time. Might have to get the 2x.

Comment

Working...
                                X